There are two very popular flowers we see at Christmas time; one is the Poinsettia and the other is the Amaryllis. Good Morning, this is Selma today and I have worked with Susan’s beautiful Amaryllis die set from her new release. This flower is very easy to assemble and is so real looking.
- Using the Garden Notes Amaryllis die set, die cut the petals using Ladybug Red Soft Finish Card Stock. Use Susan’s Dark Red PanPastel to shade the center of the petals before shaping with Susan’s Flower Tool Kit. As you can see in the photo above, there are only two pieces to assemble for the petals. Glue the petal pieces together, alternating (offsetting) petals.
- Die cut two stamen pieces, for each flower, using red card stock. Roll both pieces together for the finished stamen. Add pollen to the tips of stamens. Glue to the center of the flower.
- Die cut the flower stem and extra leaves using green card stock.
- Die cut Els van de Burgt Studio largest Stitched Circles for large white circle.
- Die cut Els van de Burgt Studio largest Dotted Scallop Circle to layer on the white Stitched Circle.
- Use Els van de Burgt Studio Beaded Circle Frames die set to die cut the largest circle using red card stock. Die cut another white Beaded Circle Frame using the same die. Center and glue the Red Beaded Circle to the black Dotted Scallop Circle. Glue the center die cut from the white Dotted Scallop Circle, fitting the notches where they belong around the circles, to create a white background for the flowers. Attach the assembled circle frame to card. Add Red Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the red circles.
- Attach the flower stems to the white background. Attach the flowers, then the additional leaves. Tip: I like to lightly mist the leaves with water so I can slightly twist them for added realism.
This is a very easy flower to create and it is absolutely beautiful!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Ladybug Red Soft Finish Cardstock
Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers
Soft Finish Cardstock – red, green, black, white
Fine Spray Mister
Love the colors you used very pretty card!!
Really lovely card!
Beautiful flower. i wish my looked this good in real life! and the beaded circles are the perfect compliment. thanks Selma!
What a beautiful card, Selma.
Selma, I love this! What a great project and tutorial. Thank you!
This is just gorgeous Selma!