Hello!! It’s Wanda here today to share another project using the A Way With Words dies. Today I’ve combined part of an older set (“Thinking” from “Thinking of You”) with a new set (“Warm Thoughts”) to create a card perfect for sending to someone needing encouragement. Add a hand-written note to the inside and it is sure to brighten their day considerably.
Let’s start with the background.
- Die cut patterned paper using the largest Stitched Square die.
- Stencil flowers with VersaMark (or any clear embossing) ink.
- Remove stencil.
- Cover ink with Sticky Embossing Powder, tap off excess and return to container.
- Heat emboss powder just until it melts (don’t overheat or the sticky will dry out).
- Immediately cover the hot and still-melted powder with glitter. Press down on glitter and then rub over it to be sure the sticky embossing is completely covered and the glitter is adhering.
- Pour off excess glitter, return it to the jar, and “polish” (rub well with your finger tip) the glitter stuck to the card to bring out the maximum sparkle and remove any excess that didn’t tap off.
- Attach background to 6″ square folded white card.
Finishing the card.
- Die cut words from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut solid butterfly from orange cardstock.
- Die cut open butterfly from white cardstock and ink with Fossilized Amber.
- Die cut Leafy Branch from white cardstock and ink with various green inks. Add (not shown in this picture) vein lines with Leaf Tool and pinch/shape some of the leaves for dimension.
- Glue Leafy Branch to card leaving many of the leaves not glued so they can lift from the card.
- Cut antennae from orange butterfly.
- Glue butterflies together and attach to card.
- Attach words to card with clear dimensional foam.
This is such a pretty card and a wonderful way to let someone know you are thinking about them!!!! You can’t not smile as the glitter flickers and shines while the card moves in your hand!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- A Way With Words – Thinking of You, Warm Thoughts
- Els van de Burgt Studio – Stitched Squares, Leafy Branch, Small Butterfly
- Through The Lens paper – Metal
- Stage it Stencil – Flower
- Silk Microfine Glitter – Fire Opal
- Soft Finish Cardstock – White
- Leaf Tool – Susan’s Garden Tools
- Leaf Pad
- Sticky Embossing Powder (Ranger)
- VersaMark Ink (Tsukineko)
- Distress Ink – Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Twisted Citron (Ranger)
- Cardstock – Orange, White
- Kool Tak Clear Foam Tape