Autumn is such a wonderful time of year with all the beautiful Fall colors! It is that time of year we love to decorate our porches and yards with beautiful chrysanthemums. This is Selma today and I have designed a card using many of the colors we see this time of year. The flowers were created with Susan’s Garden Notes Chrysanthemum dies. Other dies used are the Susan’s Garden – Garden Patch Woodland Leaves, Leafy Branch, Berry Branch, and the new Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Circles, Joset Designs Birds, and Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set. Here is how I created this card.
- This is a 6×6 inch card. The background is a slightly smaller piece of Buttercream Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut enough petals to create six Garden Patch Chrysanthemums. The flowers were die cut using Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock, sponged with Really Rust Distress Ink. They were shaped using Susan’s Flower Tool Kit.
- Die cut a variety of the Woodland Leaves and sponge on different Autumn colors. Spritz with water to blend. Shape the leaves with the flower shaping tools.
- Use the Leafy Branch die to die cut three branches out of Rust Soft Finish Cardstock. Use the Leaf Tool to draw a line down the center of each leaf to shape. (You will be cutting the branches apart to fit behind the flowers.)
- Use the Berry Branch die to die cut three branches. I used a dark burgundy card stock then added Love Letter irResistible Pico Embellisher to each berry. Set aside to dry. (These branches will also be cut apart to place behind flowers.)
- Die cut the largest Entwined Circle using Rust Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment onto Rust Soft Finish Cardstock. Use scissors to cut a curvy shape around the sentiment as shown. This stamp is from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set, but it is versatile enough to use at any time of year!
- Use the new Joset Designs Birds die set and die cut the pieces for one bird – body, feet, and the little wing. Once assembled, I added a black Prill for the eye.
- I used dimensional glue dots to attach the flowers and glue for the other die cut pieces.
- Assemble the card as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set
Love Letter irResistible Pico Embellisher
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting clear stamp
Fine spray water mister
Distress Inks of choice
VersaFine Black Ink
Dimensional Glue Dots