Decorating wreaths is a great tradition. Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today with a Wintertime Wreath. This type of wreath is probably most popular in the South, but is so easy to create a beautiful card by using Susan’s Garden Notes Southern Magnolia and Garden Notes Evergreen Wreath die sets. Here is how the card was created.
- Start with a 6×6 inch black card base. Add slightly smaller white and red square layers to the front.
2. Use the Garden Notes Evergreen Wreath die set and die cut two wreaths out of green card stock. Alternate branches so the wreaths are slightly offset to add fullness when attaching the wreath layers to the card front.
3. Using the Garden Notes Whitepine Pinecone & Bough die set, die cut a lot of pine branches to cover the Evergreen Wreath (making it as full as you want). Create three Pinecones using dies from this same die set. For help on how to assemble the pinecones, you can watch Susan’s Whitepine Pinecone & Bough YouTube Video at this LINK. Attach the pinecones at the top of the wreath.
4. Use Susan’s Garden Notes Southern Magnolia die set to cut pieces for 3 Magnolias with several leaves for each one; shape and assemble them. Adhere to the wreath as shown. You can watch Susan’s Southern Magnolia YouTube Video at this LINK for help in assembling this beautiful flower. Below is a close-up picture of the finished Southern Magnolias.
5. Use Els van de Burgt Studio Berry Branch die set to die cut two branches. You may color the berries red with a marker, or use a dimensional liquid embellisher as I did. (Shown: irRESISTible Pico Embellisher – Love Letter.) Once the berries are dry, attach the branches under the flowers and leaves. For an extra embellishment, I used a glittery white ribbon to create a ribbon accent on each side of the flowers. Loop the ribbon three times, twist the ends, and wind thin wire around the end. Attach the ribbon pieces with glue dots.
6. Use the A Way With Words – 4 Seasons – Winter die to die cut the sentiment out of glossy black card stock. Adhere against the red cardstock, centered within the wreath.
7. To finish the card, use Black Corner Peel-Off Stickers on the two top corners.
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Garden Notes Whitepine Pinecones & Boughs
Garden Notes Southern Magnolia
Black Peel-Off Sticker Corners
White Organza Ribbon
irRESISTible Pico Embellisher – Love Letter
Black Glossy Cardstock
Yellow Flower Soft