Hi everyone, it’s Sandy Diller here today with a “fun pun” anniversary card for you. I have been wanting to use this great Hedgehog die from Joset Designs for awhile but was having trouble with a theme. I have to give my friend Susie credit for this one. As soon as I heard it – the idea was born. I looked up hedgehogs on the Internet and found that they are shades of brown and shades of gray so gave you one of each on this card. I kept the front of the card simple because the fun is on the inside. The finished size of this card is 5″ X 7″.
Let’s get started –
For the inside of card:
1. Using the Hedgehog die – cut 2 hedgehogs.
2. Using Rainbow Sky die – cut several clouds.
3. Using Mushroom die – cut several pieces of grass.
4. Using Pinwheel die – cut flower.
5. Using Birdhouse die – cut several hearts.
6. Print out phrase “Still hedge over heels for you”.
7. Using Heart Pivot die – cut out the phrase using the heart die.
8. Using Steampunk Charms die – cut 2 sets of wings.
9. Cut one panel from blue that is 9.75″ X 6.75″. Crease in center and cover half with green.
10. Using the Lucy Label die, place die on center crease with alignment nibs in the crease. Run through die cutting machine.
11. Remove die from card and fold as shown above.
For card front:
12. Cut one panel that is 10″ X 7″ and crease in center. Shown on finished card in red.
13. Using Stitched Oval die – cut one oval. Shown in blue.
14. Using Dotted Scallop Oval die – cut one oval. Shown in white.
15. Using Happy Anniversary die – cut one. Shown in blue.
16. Cutting by hand – cut one panel 3.50″ X 8″. Shown on finished card in white. Cut a ‘V’ at bottom of panel to look like a banner. Emboss using Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.
17. Cutting by hand – cut one panel 3.75″ X 8″. Shown on finished card in blue. (not shown on photo above) Cut bottom of panel to look like a banner.
18. Fold the inside panel in half, with pop up inside, add ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to one side avoiding the hole where the pop up is. (2 sided paper was used here with green on the other side) The inside of the card should still be half blue and half green. Add to card base lining up the fold of the inner card just below the crease of the outside panel, leaving an edge all the way around. Do the same to the other side and fold cover over.
19. Assemble card front as shown above.
20. Optional, edge the bodies of the Hedgehog with ink.
21. Assemble inside of card.
Have a great day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used:
Other Supplies Used:
Assorted scrapbook papers
So sweet Sandy! This would be such a nice card for Valentine as well!