It’s Joset here. Living in heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, there’s no doubt that I love to ski. Today’s card is showing this favorite sport of mine, the one where you need a good pair of skis. When they’re not on the slopes you always see all those pairs of skis in a row, resting an angle and a little messy, and that is the look I wanted to create. Here are the instructions:
- Cut Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock 5.5″ x 11″. Score at 5.5″ and fold in half to create your card base.
- Cut one Stitched Square from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest die in the set. Adhere to card front using Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Cut 2 mountains from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the mountain edge die included in the Skis set. Edge the top of the mountains with Tumbled Glass Distress Inks using a round Mini Ink Blending Tool. Adhere to card front as shown.
- Using the largest Stitched Square die, die cut only a small boarder with the stitches at the bottom and the two shorter sides. Die cut rolling hills using one of the edge dies from the Outdoor Edges set. Adhere to bottom of card front as shown.
- Die cut 3 pairs of skis (including bindings and straps) and 3 sets of poles from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Color with your favorite colors using Distress Inks. I used Wild Honey, Twisted Citron and Evergreen Bough for the skis and Pumice Stone and Black Soot for the bindings, straps, poles, handles and bottom part of the poles.
- Optional: Decorate skies with small strips of Silver Peel-Off Borders.
- Adhere Skis and Poles to card front as shown.
- Cut one Stitched Circle from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the second smallest die in the set. Stamp sentiment with black ink. Adhere to card front as shown.
- Add 4 Star Peel-Offs in background.
I hope that you enjoy creating your own version of this card!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Soft Ski Soft Finish Cardstock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
Straight Borders Peel-Offs in Silver (to decorate skies)
Glitter Flowers Peel-Offs in Transparent/Gold (for stars)
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass,
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool Round
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting the stamp
Joset, I just love this card. My 3 sisters live in Evergreen Co. They’re all avid skiers.
Thank you Kathleen. Oh yes I’m sure they love to ski if they live in Evergreen. Many beautiful hills in the area!
Great card and tutorial, Joset…can’t wait to open my ski set and try this.
Thank you Carlene!
This is such a WOW card design!!! I read how you created it and it is just striking all the details you put in and made such a CAS feel card – beautiful!
Thank you Konarose. Glad you liked it!
I love your ski card Joset. I lived right next to the Rockies in Colorado, not far at all from where Els lives and for awhile lived in Evergreen. You did an awesome job getting the effect you were looking form
Thank you Jody!