Hi, it’s Sandy Diller here to share a cute easel card I made for friends who are moving to a new home. It’s so easy to put a card together using these great dies from Joset Designs and Els Van de Burgt Studios.
2. Using Dotted Scallop Circle die – cut one circle (white).
3. Using Fitted Circles die – cut one circle (clouds).
4. Using Birds die – cut 2 birds and 2 wings.
5. Using Birdhouse die – cut birdhouse, heart, and stand.
6. Using Banner die – cut 5 banner pieces. I used the same shape for all pieces but you could use any or all of the four great shapes included in this die set.
7. Using A Way With Words Congrats die – cut Congrats.
8. Using the Alphabet 2 Lower Case die set – cut letters to spell out ‘home tweet home’.
9. I like to edge my pieces with a darker shade of ink but this completely optional.
10. Add letters to banner; put banner on a long pieces of twine that will be trimmed later.
11. Layer circles, place elements as desired.
12. Add wings to birds, a brad was used here for the eyes but the die set does come with a small dot die for this purpose.
13. Add birds so they appear to be holding the twine; trim twine.
14. Cut a panel (shown in red) 5.5″ X 2.5″.
15. Computer-generate and print “on your new home” onto white cardstock. Trim panel to 5.25″ X 2.25″ and add the word “Congrats”. Place on red panel.
16. Add foam tape the back of panel.
17. Remove liner from tape and add panel to card on lower inside section. This holds your easel in place.
18. Place glue on back side of half the round panel ( shown with white arrows). Location of crease line is shown with the black arrows.
19. Add panel to front of card being sure not to cross the center fold with glued section, keeping the edge of the circle below the top of card.
20. Fold card on center crease and tuck behind greeting panel.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Assorted Scrapbook Papers