These little birds are enjoying the Christmas season. Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today and to design this cute card, I used the Joset Designs Birds die set. Here is how the card was created:
- This is a 6×6 inch card. For the background, use a piece of the Els van de Burgt Studio, Through The Lens Wood Series Card Stock.
- Die cut two small Entwined Ovals and attach them toward the top, centered, as shown.
- Die Cut a variety of evergreen branches using Els van de Burgt Studio Sprig with Berries and Susan’s Garden Club Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die sets. The branches are arranged at the bottom of the Entwined Oval.
- Die cut two Birds using the Joset Designs Birds die set. Sponge color on the upper body and the wings. Attach the wings and add a single black Prill to each bird for a dimensional eye. Option: Draw the eye with a fine point black marker.
- Use the Joset Designs Winter Sentiments stamp set to stamp only the word JOY in the center of the Entwined Oval. Use black ink to stamp. When ink is dry, carefully paint glue to fill the inside of the word JOY and sprinkle with gold glitter. Let it dry. Add a Gold ‘Christmas’ Peel Off Sticker above the stamped and glittered JOY.
- Attach the birds with dimensional tape so they are below the stamped sentiment.
- Make a gold bow using very fine cording and attach under the birds.
- Add Gold Peel Off Sticker Stars to the branches and around the sentiment.
- Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Corners 1 die set to die cut four corners from brown card stock; adhere to the card.
- Use the Joset Design Sled die set to create a tiny poinsettia for the top of the Entwined Circle. Add Prills to the center of the flower.
This card will fit into a regular 6 x 6 envelope. Note that square cards require additional postage.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Coarse Gold Glitter