It’s Frances here, and it is my turn to post a Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial today.
For my tutorial I have been playing with the Pull Card Edges die set. This die set was designed to use with all the Pull Card die sets to help with layering, but this die set can be used to create other cards as well, as you can see by the photo above. For my cards I have used all the edges in the set and you can see how you can use both the positive and negative parts when you die cut. Of course where I have used one shape on a card you can substitute one of the other shapes for a completely different look.
Card 1 – Oval Pull Card Edge with Lucky the Rabbit
1. Cut a white base card that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side to create a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top folding card.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures approximately 6 inches square.
- Position the Oval Pull Card Edge so it is in the centre of the designer paper and die cut.
- Cut a piece of black paper approximately 6 inches square. Position the Oval Pull Card Edge in the centre of the card and die cut. Refer to top photo of photos above.
- Cut a two pieces of black card 2 inches x 6 inches.
- Apply glue to the edge of the under side of the designer paper and position the black card under the designer paper so a thin border of black is showing. (bottom photo above)
3. Add the panel which has the oval bump to the left side of the front of the white card.
4. Die Cut Lucky the Rabbit and assemble and attach over the oval part of the card using foam tape.
5. Using black ink stamp “It’s Somebunny’s Birthday” from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp Set to the bottom of the design paper panel.
6. Inside of Card:
- Adhere the designer paper that has the oval removed from the panel to the inside of the card.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment, carrot and rabbit from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp set onto card as per photo above.
Card 2 – Rectangle Pull Card Edge with Coffee Cups
1. Cut a piece of teal cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side to create a 5 1/2 inch square top folding card.
- Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 5 1/2 inch square and adhere to the front of the card.
- Position the Rectangle Pull Card edge to the bottom edge of the card and tape in place. Run through die cutting machine and remove excess card.
- Trim the back card edge so it is level with the bottom edge on the front of the card.
- Die cut the scallop edge from brown and teal cardstock and adhere the scallop edge to the top rim of each cup.
- Stack the cups together to make a tall stack and adhere to the front of the card using foam tape.
5. Inside of Card –
- Cut a piece of brown designer paper that measures 5 1/2 inches x 2 inches and adhere to the bottom edge of the inside of card.
- Round both bottom corners.
- Using the Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp set, stamp the three sentiments onto the white label so they are staggered.
- From the Cup Pop Stand Card die cut 3 coffee beans from brown cardstock and adhere to the white label.
Card 3 – Circle Pull Card Edge with Whiskers the Cat
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 4 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold to create a top folding card that measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a piece of “fishtail” designer paper that measures 4 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches and adhere to the top front of the folded white card.
2. Cut a piece of “Cat” designer paper that measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Position the Circle Pull Card Edge as per photo above and run through die cutting machine.
- Die cut a piece of brown card using the Circle Pull Card Edge and adhere this piece underneath the circle part of the designer paper so part of the brown card shows as a border.
- Adhere designer paper to front of card.
- Die cut sentiment using the smaller labels from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.
- Adhere sentiment label to the lower left hand side of card so part of the label is off the card; trim edge.
6. Inside of Card –
- Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 4 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches. Place the Circle Pull Card Edge at an angle at the top of the designer as we did for the front of the card.
- Adhere designer paper to the lower inside of card.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Occasions Clear Stamp Set using black ink to the circle area of card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –