Hi, it’s Sandy Diller here with you today. With Christmas behind us – it’s time to think about the new year. I made a card for a friend who celebrates the Chinese New Year and 2017 is the Year of the Rooster. I had to do a little surgery on Cheepers the Chicken to transform her into a rooster but she – or should I say he?, turned out pretty cute.
- Let’s start with Cheepers. Cut pieces as shown above.
- Next you will need to make some alterations. Cut off the tail section and the top section as shown above. Cut part of the mane from Cocoa the Horse for the rooster’s top comb.
- Using the Palm Tree, cut several palm leaves in different colors. You will then need to cut the leaves apart and use the desired colors for your rooster tail.
For the card front you will need:
5. Your card base, this one is 11″ X 4.25″, folded in half to made a 5.5″ X 4.25 finished card.
6. One 2″ X 4.25″ panel – shown in dark blue here.
7. Using the Labels and Circles die – 2 decorator pieces.
8. Print “year of the Rooster” and cut out using the decorator label from the Lucy Label set.
9. Using the Numbers & More 1 set, cut “2017”.
10. Some coordinating ribbon.
11. For the banner I printed some Chinese phrases from the internet and cut them by hand. They say “double happiness”, “fortune”, and “luck”.
12. Using the Lucy Label, cut one pop up for the inside of card and attach to base. If you need some extra help with this, here is a video from Karen Burniston with full directions.
13. Assemble the card front as shown above.
14. Now for our rooster, assemble Cheepers as usual except for the top comb and the tail. Arrange the tail feathers as desired and attach.
15. For his top comb, add the mane section that was cut from Cocoa the Horse.
16. Assemble the inside of the card as shown above.
Happy New Year,
ECD dies used: