Happy New Year! It’s Suzanne here today with a celebration card that is formal and glitzy for New Year’s Eve, but can take on a whole new feeling by using bright colours for other occasions. This is an easy-peasy card with streamers as the theme!
Here is how we make it….
- Form a 7 x 5” tent fold card base with black cardstock. Cut a black panel measuring 5.5 x3” from black cardstock. Cut a mat 1/8” larger all around in silver and adhere the two panels together.
- Die cut Celebrate from silver cardstock and adhere it to the center of the black panel.
- Die cut assorted strips in silver and gold cardstock from the Els van de Burgt Studio’s Ropes, Jewels, Ribbons, Chains and/or Bead Strings. Before you cut, back the cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Remove the release paper and adhere the strips to the card base in a design that pleases you. Trim the excess.
- Use foam tape adhesive to adhere the matted panel to the card front as shown.
Isn’t the gold and silver on this card wonderful? Now see where your imagination will take you with this technique. Happy 2017 from my creative space to yours!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Gold and Silver Foil cardstock
Adhesive Foam Tape