by Judi Kauffman
I’m pleased to say that I don’t need a Get Well card right now, thank goodness, but I thought I’d get ahead just in case.
For this project I combined A Way With Words ‘Get Well Soon’ with ‘Pair of Leaves 1’, one of the new Moda Scrap die sets – the line just launched with Elizabeth Craft Designs. The leaves are so lovely and graceful, just like the calligraphy that Suzanne Cannon creates with her words. I know that these two collections are going to be used together a LOT!
The card couldn’t be easier:
- Choose three coordinating solid colors from the Soft Finish Cardstock (SFC) lineup, at least one of them in a light hue for contrast. (Shown: Dark Fuchsia for the words, Lavender and Perfect Purple for the background layers) Also choose one coordinating color from the Shimmer Sheetz lineup (Shown: Fire Opal Gemstone) and a piece of patterned cardstock for the card base.
- Die cut the sentiment from one of the darker colors. Back with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before cutting if you want the words flat against the card front; skip the adhesive if you’re going to add dimension to the words as shown.
- Die cut two leaves from Shimmer Sheetz. Remember, you MUST use a metal adaptor plate or Big Shot machine with the Precision Base Plate in your machine’s cutting ‘sandwich’ to die cut Shimmer Sheetz, the cutting side of the die facing the metal plate with the SS in between. (Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique.)
- Cut, score and fold a 10” x 6.5” piece of patterned cardstock to create the 5” x 6.5” side-fold card base. Center, and using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere a 4.25” x 5.5” rectangle cut from dark color SFC. Offset at an angle and adhere a 3.75” x 5” rectangle cut from light color SFC.
- Add the words and the leaves, securing them with tiny slivers of Power Adhesive Tabs for dimension.
- Optional: Open the card so you will be piercing only the front, place it on a piece of craft foam or a piercing mat, and use an awl or piercing tool to pierce three pairs of holes along the stems. Thread a tapestry needle with metallic braid and add three decorative stitches to secure each stem. (Shown: Kreinik #16 Medium Metallic Braid)
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
A Way With Words ‘Get Well Soon’
Moda Scrap ‘Pair of Leaves 1’
Shimmer Sheetz in Fire Opal Gemstone
Soft Finish Cardstock in 3 colors of choice
(shown: Dark Fuchsia, Lavender, Perfect Purple)
Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Tombow Power Adhesive Tabs
Non-stick scissors for cutting Power Tabs
Patterned cardstock 10” x 6.5” for card base
Die cutting machine
Metal adaptor plate (or use Big Shot with Precision Base Plate for cutting Shimmer Sheetz)
Kreinik #16 Medium Metallic Braid in coordinating color (shown: 085 Peacock)