Hello Artlets! It’s Suzanne here today and I’m so excited to share a card using one of the brand new dies! We have 20 new words that can be used alone or combined with lots of other dies in the A Way With Words Collection. In addition to the new dies, we’re introducing a series of stencils that can be used as feature elements and as backgrounds. Stay tuned to see lots more examples in the coming weeks!
For my first card, I chose this simple format that makes a bold statement. There are so many reasons you might send this card. Because…. I love you, you’re my friend, I can’t stop thinking about you, you’ve been so helpful…. the list is endless!
This card can be easily changed to any colours your heart desires. I fussed with this card for hours, adding ribbon, removing ribbon, adding the heart element from the Calligraphic Elements 2, removing the heart element and on and on it went. My workspace looked like a bomb had gone off in a craft store. Yes, glitter was involved, too! But the more you add, the more you overpower the elegant beauty of the classical broad-edged letterforms and flourishes so I went back to ‘simple’ and here is the final result!
Here is how it’s made.
- Form a 7 x 5.5” tent fold card from Misty Mauve Soft Finish Cardstock (coloured side out!).
- Use Removable (low tack) Tape along one edge to create a hinge, securing the stencil to the textured side of a large piece of white cardstock. Sponge ink through the openings in the stencil. Carefully lift the stencil using the hinge to check the evenness of the ink colour. Lower the stencil and add more ink if required. When you’re pleased with the result, remove the stencil and tape. Designer Tip: Don’t worry if you mistakenly apply ink past the outside edge of the stencil – we’re going to trim the cardstock. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut Because twice, once from white cardstock and once from mauve. Sponge ink on the white cardstock. When dry, adhere mauve diecut behind, slightly offset to form a drop shadow.
- Trim the cardstock with the Flourished Frame to a panel measuring 6.25 x 4.5”. Mat this with a panel approximately 1/8” larger and adhere together. Adhere Because in the middle of the Flourished Frame.
- Cut a white panel to mat the assembled panels from Step 4. Sandwich this between the card base and assembled panel using foam tape adhesive to create dimension.
I’d like to introduce you to all the new additions to the A Way With Word dies and A Way With Stencils collection by sharing this little video. Enjoy!
So many of the A Way With Words dies can be used as single words just like this or in combination with other words. Here is the complete release. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by for a look!
Elizabeth Craft Design Supplies:
Ranger Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet Ranger
Ink Blending Tool
Foam tape adhesive
Scotch Removable Magic Tape