Good morning Elizabeth Craft Designs fans~ Birgit here today and I’m happy to be sharing my very first post as a Die Cut Design Team member with you. Now that Christmas and New Year’s are over, I’m ready to use some spring colors in my craft palette. These Lovebirds are just perfect for a mid-winter pick-me-up!
Here’s how I created my card:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score in the center and fold to form an A2 top-fold card base. Add a panel of Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock cut to the same size (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) to the front of the card base.
- Cut the Background die out of Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive adhered onto the back.
- Peel off the release paper and adhere the die cut panel to the card base.
- Cut Rustic Ladder out of Cafe au Lait Soft Finish Cardstock; shade with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Cut Lovebirds out of White Soft Finish Cardstock and add color using Distress Inks in Gathered Twigs, Crushed Olive, and Mustard Seed. Add just a bit of Candied Apple Distress Ink to the birds’ bellies for an extra pop of color.
- Cut the words “Happy Birthday” out of Spring Green Soft Finish Cardstock. Apply a generous coat of Zig 2 way glue pen to the top of the words and cover the words with Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter. When the glue has dried, polish the glitter on the words with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Assemble your card by layering the Rustic Ladder to the left side of the card base and adhere the Lovebirds overlapping the right side of the ladder. This will give the ladder the look of a trellis.
- Add just a bit of Yellow Stickles Glitter Glue to the tail feathers and the wings of each of the birds.
- Adhere the glittered words to your card to the right of the ladder, slightly overlapping the leg of the ladder.
I hope today’s project has inspired you to break out your spring colors and create some sunshine for someone special.
Other Supplies Used:
Distress Inks by Ranger
Yellow Stickles glitter glue
Zig 2 Way Glue Pen
Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit