Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today to show you one of the new Fairy die sets that is in the Susan’s Garden Club Collection. This is the Rose Petal Fairy and she is tending to her beautiful Rose Hedge. Here is how the card was created.
- Use a 6 inch square card base. Cut a 5 3/4 inch square of White Soft Finish Cardstock to color as the background. Use Susan’s Earth & Sky Stencil to lightly sponge on clouds. Use blue ink to sponge around the edges of the stencil, moving the stencil around to form the clouds. Use the bottom portion of the stencil to sponge on green grass at the bottom of the square.
2. Use the Garden Notes Fairy – Rose Petal die set to die cut all the pieces for the Fairy. Sponge on Distress Inks to color the pieces. Use Susan’s Flower Tool Kit to shape the rose petals for her skirt and glue petals around her waist. Add the green piece at the waistline over the top of petals. Use a very thin twine or string to wrap around her waist and tie it in a bow. I lightly drew in the face features with a very sharp pencil. To die cut her wings, use a piece of white card stock covered with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Sprinkle on your choice of Silk Microfine Glitter, pour excess back into the jar; polish with a fingertip to bring out maximum sparkle. Attach wings to her back. (I used Silver Silk Microfine Glitter.)
3. Use Susan’s CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence die set to cut 3 white fence pieces. Attach them across the bottom of the card, cutting off excess at the sides so the fence does not extend beyond the square.
4. Use Susan’s CountryScapes Garden Edges Rose Hedge die set to cut the hedge (row of bushes) and flowers. Color and assemble the flowers, using the fine pointed tweezers to twist each flower die cut to form it, and glue to hold the shape. Attach to the green bush die cut. Attach the hedge in front of the Picket Fence.
5. Use the third largest die in the new ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners to die cut the top banner with the stamped sentiment from the Joset Designs Dream Sentiments Stamp Set. Cut the end of the Banner at an angle, as shown in the project photo, and attach to the card front.
6. Attach the Fairy, just above the Rose Hedge, as shown. You can add some ‘Fairy Dust’ for the Fairy to sprinkle if you like. I used tiny silver star confetti for the Fairy Dust.
What a fun card to create, especially for a little girl!
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Garden Notes Fairy – Rose Petal
CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence
CountryScapes Garden Edges – Rose Hedge
Silk Microfine Glitter of your choice
Distress Inks of choice
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting Dream Sentiments stamp
Tiny star confetti
Sharp (hard lead) pencil