Happy Day, Everyone! It’s Karen here, and I am here with a sympathy card made with one of the all-new Krista Schneider stamp sets, Flower Power. Such a pretty set!
Unfortunately, I was in need of a sympathy card for a woman at work who had a major loss. She is still off work, so I decided to send her a little homemade love by mail.
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Stamp the flower with black permanent ink and cut it out using the coordinating die. Next, color the stamped images using your favorite markers. The process I used to color the flower is outlined in the two photos below. I started with some Copic V colors:
Then, I added in some other colors:
2. Cut the patterned paper at 4″ x 5″. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock – 85 lb in half (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″). Score and fold it for the card base.
3. Ink the edges of the patterned paper with chalk ink to hide the white core of the 2-sided paper.
4. Cut the other half of the White Soft Finish Cardstock at 4″ x 4″ and cut a diagonal. The other side of my example is at around 1-1/2″. Then cut a piece of scrap white card stock at 3-3/4″ x 5″ to adhere the pattern piece and the white diagonal piece with Clear Double-Sided Adhesive as shown below:
5. Wrap a piece of lace and a piece of seam-binding ribbon across the diagonal; add more adhesive and adhere it to the card base.
6. Die cut Pair of Leaves 1 from another piece of patterned paper and glue them onto the card.
7. Use pop-tape to adhere the flower to the card.
8. Add some Nuvo Drops and half-pearls as embellishments.
9. Die cut the word ‘hugs’ from the Love Sentiments die set three times from another piece of patterned paper. Glue them together to add dimension. (For a flatter sentiment, cut only once or twice.) Glue the sentiment to the lower right corner of the card front.
Thank you SO much for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Beacon Kids Choice Glue
Designer Paper – Heartfelt Creations
Seam Binding Ribbon
Prima Chalk Inkers