Good Morning Everyone. It’s Tina here today for the Coloring Team. By now you’ve seen many examples of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ new Coloring Stamps with Coordinating Dies. These stamps are so darling and there is a collection for every occasion. Today I am showing you a flower I used from the Flower Power Set. Below you will find the steps to create your own version of this card.
- Cut card base from white cardstock measuring 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold in half. Finished card measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of contrasting solid color cardstock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to center of card.
- Cut patterned paper to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Wrap with yarn and adhere to the card front. (I wrapped the yarn 4 times, angled at the sides as shown below.
- Stamp image from Flower Power Set on watercolor paper using a StazOn (permanent) ink pad.
- Color image with watercolor medium of your choice. I used watercolor pencils with a watercolor brush. Optional: Use a tiny bit of Beacon Kids Choice Glue, applied with a corsage pin or toothpick, to adhere some Prills to the center of the flower as shown.
- Once dry, die cut the flower with the matching Flower Power die and adhere to center of card using foam dots or tape for added dimension.
- Stamp sentiment from the Clear Stamp General Sentiments to the top of the card front. Tip: If you are a beginner, stamp the patterned paper BEFORE adding the yarn and before adding it to the card front. That way, if you goof you don’t have to worry about covering and camouflaging a mistake. If it’s too late, stamp again on solid color cardstock and cover the ‘goof’.
This card can be used for any occasion, you just have to change the sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used
Beacon Kids Choice Glue (Optional: To adhere Prills)
Other Product Used
Acrylic Block (for temporarily mounting sentiment stamp)