Hello dear friends! Evgenia Petzer here with you today sharing a versatile card that can be used for any event – just use another sentiment.
I absolutely love this classic color combo that can be used for so many occasions.
The second heart is given extra dimension with foam tape. I die cut it from glitter cardstock, so in real life it looks really sparkly!
Below you are easy steps to make this card:
- 1. Die cut the Rose Pocket from white cardstock; fold back the corners.
- 2. Measure the pocket and cut a piece of Kraft brown cardstock a scant amount smaller. (I cut it 2 mm less on all sides.)
- 3. Use gold thread and a sewing machine to stitch the pieces together. Note that the flaps on the pocket are wrapped around to the BACK of the Kraft brown rectangle so they don’t show.
- 4. Use the heart dies to create the 2-layer embellishment. Add it to the lower left side of the pocket. Optional: Add enamel dots (as shown), or half-pearls, or Glitter Dots peel-offs.
- 5. Die cut the sentiment and adhere it to the heart. Note: Back the cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape before die cutting so the word is easier to adhere to the heart. If using a different sentiment, change from a heart to a different shape for the 2-layer embellishment – Use an oval or fishtail banner or whatever fits the word or words.
- 6. Optional: Add the pocket to a Kraft brown side-fold card base.
- 7. Tuck something special into the pocket (photo, letter, tickets to a concert….whatever suits the occasion and the recipient.)
Have a lovely day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White glitter cardstock
Kraft brown cardstock
Glitter gold enamel dots