Happy Friday! Hope everyone has fun weekend plans! It’s Karen, here with a birthday card that I made for my mom. She is the best mom (for me) and really enjoys the cards I make for her. I used the Purr Clear Stamps and coordinating dies, plus the Twist Circle Pop-Up die set.
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Stamp the kitty and butterfly combination with permanent black ink onto kraft cardstock twice and stamp an extra butterfly.
2. Cut out the extra butterfly using using the coordinating die and die cut the kitty with the stitched circle from the Twist Circle Pop-Up die set. Next, color the kitty, the extra butterfly and one of the butterflies from the second kitty and butterfly combination. Use the following Copic markers:
3. Fussy-cut the wings only from the extra kitty-and-butterfly combination and glue them to the circle-cut kitty. (Otherwise, there is only half a butterfly left within the circle.) It’s a cool effect to have the butterfly extend above the circle. Layer the circle with kitty and butterfly combination onto a burgundy die cut circle using foam tape to add dimension.
4. For the panel that goes on the front of the card: Cut a piece of patterned cardstock at 4″ x 5-1/4″ and wrap a piece of lace across the bottom. Using black in, stamp “Happiness” onto a piece of grid-patterned paper. (The word is one of the stamps in the Dream Sentiments Clear Stamp set.) Refer to the project photo for placement. Layer the stamped paper across the lace; add the kitty circle and die cut butterfly.
5. For the interior of the card (a piece that is made separate from the card from steps 1 to 4 and will be put into place in step 8): Use patterned paper and follow the steps for the Twist Circle Pop-up outlined in the YouTube video tutorial here. The sizes used for the inside of this card are: 4″ x 7-1/2″ (light yellow flower) and two 1-1/2″ x 4″ strips (polka dots). Die cut a Bead Strings 2 strip from burgundy cardstock for the left and right side; adhere with glue. Option: For ease and speed back burgundy cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape before die cutting.
6. Stamp the kitty face onto kraft cardstock and color with the same color combination as was used for the card front. Die cut with matching die. Using the dies from the Twist Circle Pop-Up set, cut and layer burgundy, beige and dotted patterned paper.
7. Die cut Happy Birthday from the burgundy patterned. Glue the kitty face and the sentiment to the top circle.
8. Make a solid color side-fold A2 size card base (4 1/4″ x 5 5’1″ folded size). Using 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhere the front panel to the exterior of the card base. Adhere the interior of the card to the inside of the card base using the same Tape.
Thank you SO much for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Clear Double Sided Adhesive – Tape 6mm
Designer Paper – Fancy Pants Designs
Very nice Karen, I hope your Mom liked it!