Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today to share a fun way to use your Pop it Ups dies. You can inlay your die cuts for a different look or use a journaling pen to add details. Let me show you how I made this card, perfect for any graduate or to say bon voyage.
- Cut tan cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5 1/2 to create the top-fold card base.
- Cut Dusky Sky cardstock at 4 x 10 1/2 and score at 5 1/8. Place the pop up die from Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up on the fold,ensuring the alignment nubs are on the score line, and die cut. Cut another piece of Dusky Sky cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4 and die cut as shown below. Place the Labels & Circles die on the edge of the cardstock and use temporary tape to hold it in place. Place the clouds die on the top portion of the cardstock, use temporary tape to hold in place and die cut.
- For the inside of the card: Die cut a Labels & Circles from white cardstock. Using black ink, stamp the sentiment from the What’s Up Clear Stamps set. Using blue ink, stamp a hot air balloon under the sentiment blue ink if desired.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4. Using black ink, stamp “Flying by to say” at an angle so it will fit in the open area die cut in step 2. (not shown in picture)
5. Die cut the pieces shown below using Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up:
- (2) hot air balloons from patterned paper
- (2) decorative hot air balloon pieces from patterned paper
- (2) banners from patterned paper
- (2) baskets from black cardstock
- (3) sets of clouds from white cardstock. Leave the cardstock in the die and use a journaling pen to trace around the edges
Now it’s time to assemble the card.
6. Adhere the white cardstock from step 4 under the Dusky Sky cardstock from step 2. Trace around the clouds and the sentiment using a journaling pen. Adhere to tan card base.
7. Assemble both Hot Air Balloons using photos for placement. Trace around die cut pieces with a journaling pen. Adhere (1) hot air balloon and (1) cloud to the front of the card.
8. To assemble the inside of the card, put adhesive on one side at a time to the Dusky Sky pop up cut in step 2 to the tan base card. Repeat this step for the other side.
9. Finish assembly by adhering a hot air balloon to the top bump. Adhere (2) clouds to the bottom bump. Adhere (3) clouds to the top portion of the card. Adhere die cut sentiment to the bottom portion of your card.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to make a Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up, too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –