Hello friends. Welcome to the ECD blog.
Colouring is such a beautiful way to release stress and tension. Colours bring a smile to every face and I love the whole process of colouring. I would call today’s card ‘Fun colouring’ because the images are simple to colour and the results are amazing.
I have used masking to create the moonlit sky. The cats out there are having a good time… Have a look!!!
To make this card, follow the instructions below.
1. Cut watercolour paper to 6″ x 4″. Die cut a 2.5″ circle to create a mask for the moon and position the circle, centered, toward the top of the watercolour paper. Then use Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Tumbled Glass to create the night sky.
2. Remove the mask. Ink the moon with Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw. Shade a bit around the circle to create the halo effect around the moon. Stamp dragonflies in the night sky (as shown).
3. Using permanent black ink, stamp the images from Purr Clear Stamps. Colour with Zig Real Brush Pens or other markers of choice. Cut with coordinating dies.
4. Cut another piece of cardstock for the brick wall (just slightly wider than the rectangle from step 1). Hand draw wall with Zig Real Brush Pens. Adhere the wall in front of the moon as shown in the project photo.
5. Arrange and adhere the coloured and die cut cats, fish bones, and bowl using foam tape for dimension.
6. Die cut the word ‘party’ from black cardstock. Hand-write the word ‘Let’s’ on white cardstock, cut as a small banner and border with black cardstock. Adhere these pieces toward the bottom left.
7. Add a white mat, visible at the left and right of the moon piece. Then layer the finished card front onto a 5″ x 7″ black cardstock side-fold card base.
Here’s another look at the finished card:
I hope you like my super cool cat card. Do visit the ECD store for so many amazing products. Have a nice day and happy crafting!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Cardstock in black and white
Inks – Permanent ink in Black; Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw
Zig Real Brush Pens
Adorable card, I really like the coloring!
This is so cute! I am also very impressed by your hand drawn brick wall!
Very cute card! The moonlight and the wall are the perfect backdrop for those cute kitties.
Hi Anita, I love it !! I love the kitties and your colouring is gorgeous, I especially love your hand-drawn brick wall Wow !! A fabulous card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx