Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today to share a technique from Karen Burniston called Seamless Backing. This technique is perfect for adding pattern paper to any pivot die. I love pivot cards because the front is also the inside when you open the card! Let me show you how I made this special Mother’s Day card. Remember that you can change the sentiment to suit your needs as the Heart Pivot is perfect for many occasions.
- Cut card base at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2; score at 4 1/4.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper at 5 1/4 x 8 and score at 4″. Cut (4) strips of patterned paper at 1 x 4 1/4.
- Use temporary (low tack) tape to hold the pattern paper cut in step 2 onto the front side of the card base. Place the Heart Pivot die on the inside of the card base making sure to that the alignment nubs are on the score line. Place card base in die cutting machine. Place cutting pad on top, stopping the pad at the pivot point of the die, then run it through your machine. Repeat for the other side.
- Remove the temporary tape and the pattern paper from the card base. Use scissors to cut half of the heart off from the pattern paper – from pivot point to pivot point (see photo below).
- Place card base back in die cutting machine and run it all the way through.
- Die cut the pieces shown above using the Heart Pivot:
- Grey card stock, die cut the Heart Pivot then remove excess, leaving only the connected hearts.
- White card stock, (2) heart outlines. Nest or place the smaller heart inside the larger heart and die cut.
- Patterned paper, (2) hearts. Stamp “I love you” from the Occasions Clear Stamp Set and color in “I” and “You” using a marker.
- Grey card stock, die cut the letters “MOM” using Alphabet 1.
7. Assemble the card using photos for placement. When adhering the patterned paper to the card base, take care not to place adhesive under the pop up areas.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to make a Seamless Backing Pivot Card, too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –