It’s Frances here today. It’s my turn to post a tutorial for the Coloring Design Team. Shaker cards can be so much fun to create so I decided to make one using Krista Schneider’s Teddy Bear Picnic Clear Stamps set and coordinating dies.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
Create a 5 1/2 inch square top-fold card base from Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock..
- Using the largest die from the Fitted Squares die set, cut a ModaScrap designer paper square.
- Using the largest die from the Stitched Squares die set, cut a Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock square.
- Layer the two and adhere to the front of the folded card.
Step 2 –
Using the Stitched Fishtails die set, place the fifth largest fishtail inside the third largest fishtail so that it is evenly spaced. To cut shaped frames, use removable (low tack) tape to secure the two dies as shown in the photo above.
- Die cut the following:
- (1) Purple Paw Print ModaScrap designer paper
- (1) White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) White craft foam backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Using the third largest fishtail from the Stitched Fishtails die set, cut the following:
- (1) Pink Stripe ModaScrap Designer Paper
- (1) White Soft Finish Cardstock
Step 3 – Assembling the shaker
- Layer the Paw Print ModaScrap Designer paper fishtail frame to the White Soft Finish Cardstock Fishtail Frame.
- Adhere the acetate fishtail to the back of the white fishtail frame.
- Position the small Pink Stripe ModaScrap Designer Paper to the centre of the White Soft Finish Cardstock fishtail. (TIP: Place the craft foam fishtail frame over the white cardstock and use this as a guide as to where to place the designer paper.)
- Using the word ‘Happy’ from the Happy Birthday die set, cut Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Place the word toward the top of the pink striped designer paper.
- Use a Copic marker to color the edges of the craft foam frame, then adhere this to the top of the fishtail base card.
- Place sequins or other shaker elements (beads, small charms) in the colors of your choice inside the fishtail frame.
- Adhere the acetate/designer paper frame to the top of the craft foam frame to complete the shaker card.
- Using the middle die from the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set, cut two from Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock and one from Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using the small “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Steampunk Clear Stamp set, mask off all the words other than “Birthday”using masking tape or sticky notes and ink the word onto one of the pink fishtail banners. (Tip: Make sure you remove the masking tape or sticky note after you have inked up the stamp and before you stamp the sentiment onto the cardstock.)
- Adhere the fishtail banners to the bottom of the shaker piece using photo above as a guide.
- Using the balloon from the Bird-day Party Clear Stamp set, stamp the balloon onto White Soft Finish Cardstock with black ink. Die cut image using coordinating die.
- Color all images.
- Adhere the images to the card using photo above as a guide.
Step 6 – The Inside of Card:
- Stamp the ‘Happy Birthday’ from the Occasions Clear Stamp set to the centre of this fishtail with black ink.
- Use the fifth largest die from the Stitched Fishtails die set to cut a fishtail from Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer the two together and adhere to the top left side of the card.
- Using the Bird-day Party Clear Stamp set, stamp the birthday cake onto White Soft Finish Cardstock with black ink. Die cut image using coordinating die.
- Color images and adhere to the lower right side of card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs: