Hello My Dear Friends!
I am Pavitra here and welcome to the ECD blog. Today I have brought delicate Hydrangea for all of you from Susan’s Garden. These tiny wonders look so fabulous and nature provides them in so many beautiful colors.
I teamed the Hydrangea flowers with newly-released ModaScrap Oriental Card die to create an elegant card. When you have time, be sure to check out the new collections and other Susan’s Garden Dies here.
The finished card measures 10 x 6-1/2. Have a look!
1. Cut yellow cardstock 13 x 10, score at 6-1/2 and fold.
2. Cut Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock Bluebell 6-1/4 x 9-3/4, adhere to yellow cardstock with Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
3. Cut cream cardstock 6 x 9-1/2 , score lengthwise at quarter-inch intervals to create raised ridges.
4. Use the Oriental Card die to cut gold metallic cardstock two times.
5. Adhere the two onto the top and bottom of the cream cardstock, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape ONLY on the straight tabs (folded to the back of the cream rectangle).
6. Layer this panel on top of Soft Finish Cardstock Bluebell with 3 D foam tape.
7. Die cut yellow cardstock with largest Stitched Ovals Die.
8. Die cut cream cardstock with second largest Stitched Ovals Die and emboss with Fleur de Lis Embossing Folder.
9. Layer on top of first oval with 3 D foam tape and center it on the card front as shown.10. Die cut White Soft Finish Cardstock using the Garden Notes Hydrangea 2 die set. Color the petals and leaves. If you are new to making Susan’s Garden Flowers, visit Susan’s blog or the Elizabeth Craft Designs YouTube channel for step by step tutorials.
11. Shape and assemble the flowers and leaves using Susan’s Tool set, Embossing pad and Leaf pad and Beacon Kids Choice Glue. Add a tiny dab of pearl paint to the center of each floret.
12. Tie a ribbon bow and adhere it to base of the flowers. Optional: Add a button (remove the shank to reduce the height of the button) or other embellishment.
Arrange the flowers as a bunch in the center of oval cut outs.Thanks very much for stopping by. Hope you like the project – See you soon!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Cardstock in yellow, cream and gold metallic
Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk inks
Satin ribbon; Button or other embellishment
3 D Foam Tape