Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today. Don’t you love all the beautiful flowers you can create with Susan’s Garden Note flower dies! There is a Lily 2 die set in Susan’s new release and I have used it for this card. These flowers are so easy to die cut and assemble.
- Create three lilies. To create a realistic look, use a fine nib marker to draw a line down the center of each petal and little short lines on each side. Shape the flowers with Susan’s Flower Tool Kit and glue petals together using Kids Choice Glue. Die cut stems and leaves, shape and attach the flowers. Optional (and highly recommended): Add a dab of glue and some Pollen to the ends of each stamen.
- Use a 5 1/2 inch piece of Soft Finish White Cardstock for the top of the card. Use the Circles die set to die cut the image across the center of the cardstock, as shown above. Poke out the center of each circle and discard these pieces. Use a Scoreboard to score raised ridges around the outside edges of this piece for an extra polished look. (Use the Scoreboard to draw five lines down from the top right corner as shown in the photo.)
- Use another piece of 5 1/2 inch white card stock and attach a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to cover one side.
- Attach the negative of the Circles Background over the Adhesive, matching outside edges.
- Attach the die cut Circles inside the opening of the negative die cut background. You will now have adhesive inside all the circles. Try not to touch any of the adhesive with your fingers. Place the protective sheet from the Adhesive over the die cut Circles and rub hard over the die cut to make sure it is attached well.
- Use your glitter tray to protect your work surface and keep the glitter from going astray. Cover the adhesive inside the circles die cut with Diva Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the front of a small piece of white cardstock. Die cut one dragonfly. Add Diva Silk Microfine Glitter to the dragonfly.
- Use the Holidays Garland 2 die set to die cut the border on the bottom of the card. Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of a piece of Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz before die cutting. Reminder: A Metal Adaptor Plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate is REQUIRED for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube video tutorial if you are new to this technique. Add white adhesive-backed half-pearls in between each of the loops in the border.
- Add the Lilies, Dragonfly and Border as shown.
Susan’s flower die sets make it so easy to create beautiful flowers. The flowers will WOW anyone who receives your cards!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Dimensional tape (under the Dragonfly)
Glue Dots (under the Lilies)
Adhesive-backed half-pearls in white
Pollen (Woodland Pollen or Fine Flower Soft)
Marker (to create detail on flower petals)
Metal Adaptor Plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate