It’s Frances here and it’s my turn to post a Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial.
This time round I decided to pull out my Pop it Ups Cup Pop Stand Card die set, combining it with the new ModaScrap Patterned Paper and Joset Designs Macaron die set.
Here’s how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of green cardstock to 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches to create a top-fold card base.
- Cut two pieces of patterned paper (ModaScrap Cucina with Love used here) that measures 4 1/4 inches x 5 inches. Adhere panels to either side of the inside of the green card base, so that the paper it up close to the fold line.
- Cut two pieces of red polka dot patterned paper to 4 1/4 inches x 3/4 inches and adhere to each end of the card so there is a 1/4 inch gap between the patterned paper and edge of card.
- Adhere Gold/Silver Glitter Border Peel Off Stickers to each of the long edges of the red patterned paper.
Step 2 –
- Using the Cup Pop Stand Card die set, die cut two cups from patterned paper (note – you will need to place the die on the back of the cardstock for one of the cups so that you have a mirror image of the cup to enable to have them be placed back to back on the card). To make the card a little strong die cut additional cups from green cardstock and adhere the patterned paper cups to cardstock cups.
- Create the “pop stand” panel from green card (refer to Karen Burniston’s video on how to create the Cup Pop Stand Card ).
- Adhere cup pop stand panel to center of card.
- Attach the two cups to the tabs of the pop stand panel, leaving the top of the cups open for now.
Step 3 –
- Using the wisp of steam (flourish shape) die included in the Cup Pop Stand Card die set, die cut two from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. (Note: Because you will be making a 2-sided wisp of steam with glitter on both sides, the adhesive needs to be on the front of one piece as it curls to the left, and on the front of the second piece as it curls to the right – mirror-image pieces, just like the cup from step 2.)
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover with Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and then polish the glitter into the adhesive with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Glue the two wisps of steam together, back to back. Attach this to the inside of one of the cups and then place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the top of the cup to join both cups together where the steam emerges.
Step 4 –
- Die cut a spoon from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back (note – you will need to use a Metal Adaptor plate for your die cutting machine to cut the Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique). For extra strength, die cut an additional spoon from green cardstock and layer the two together.
- Adhere the spoon in front of the cup using foam tape. Make sure that the spoon is positioned so that it does not keep the card from opening and closing!
Step 5 –
- Using the Macarons die set, die cut one of the scallop ovals from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover adhesive with Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and then polish the glitter into the adhesive with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Die cut two of the ovals from dark pink cardstock.
- Complete the macaron by sandwiching the glittered panel between the two pink ovals. (Refer to photo above as a guide.)
Step 6 –
- Using black ink, stamp the “Enjoy the Day” sentiment from the Just a Note Clear Stamp set onto white cardstock. Color sentiment as desired.
- Use the small label die from the Katie Labels Pivot Card die set to die cut the sentiment. Lightly sponge ink in a coordinating color around edges of the label.
- Adhere in front of the cup, macaron and spoon as shown.
- Die cut another label using the same die. Leave it blank, adhere to the back panel and use it for a handwritten message, name and date, or an additional sentiment.
Step 7 – Front of Card
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to 4 1/4 inches x 4 inches and adhere to the center of the card front (when card is folded closed).
- Cut two pieces of red polka dot patterned paper to 4 1/4 inches x 1/2 inch and adhere to each edge of the patterned paper on card.
- Adhere Gold/Silver Glitter Border Peel Off Stickers to each of the edges of the red patterned paper.
Step 8 –
- Die cut a label from white cardstock using the second largest label in the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.
- Die cut a label from green cardstock using the largest label in the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.
- Using black in, stamp the “Just a Note to Say” sentiment from the Just a Note Clear Stamp set onto the white label.
- Adhere, centered, onto the card front.
Step 9 –
- Die cut and create an additional spoon and macaron (see steps 4 & 5) and attach to the card using foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies: Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Cardstock – White; Green; Dark Pink
Inks – Black; Worn Lipstick Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Love the pop ups !! Will need to get some more !
Hi Frances, This card is stunning, I could actually ‘eat’ those macarons, I love the papers you have used, I love the dies you have used, I love everything about this card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Oh my THUD! This is INCREDIBLE!!! I love it!!! Good grief, it would have taken me a couple of weeks to make something similar. Wowzers — thank you for the inspiration — PINNED!
My design style tends to be more on the simple side. I think that when to much is added the attention is taken away from what you are doing. Less is more!!