Hi friends and welcome, Mac and I are currently in the middle of our annual RV trip so naturally I have travel on the brain. This time around I’m sharing a banner made using the great papers from ModaScrap along with Soft Finish Cardstock, and featuring dies from Joset Designs. When I saw this fabulous travel-themed paper at my local scrapbook store I knew what I wanted to make. I chose parts of the paper that depict places we have been in our motor coach and then embellished with die cuts that went with that theme. I even wrote my own verses to the tune of the old Roger Miller song “King of the Road” that go along with motor coach travel. You can see my lyrics by clicking on my name at the bottom of this post which will take you to my personal blog. Enjoy.
Let’s get started-
Start by fussy cutting the images that will be used. These were cut from two pieces of 12″ X 12″ scrapbook paper. For this banner, all sections were started by using the Stitched Fishtails, Fitted Fishtails and Fishtail Boarders. Create each panel with a top fold. By placing the die top extended beyond the top fold, a flap can be created for the twine. Cut by hand to create the tab as shown below.
This one was a must for me. Originally, it was an ad for a bus line but I glued one of my personal photos over the bus.
This is how we roll.
- Cut banners using ModaScrap and Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as desired.
- Add section cut from 12″ x 12″ paper.
Our spectacular National Parks are among our favorite destinations.
San Diego is the perfect place for great weather in the summer with the Pacific Ocean at your doorstep.
We live in the Southwest with its dry heat and we love to visit all the tourist spots. This reminded me of our visit to the Navaho Nation.
6. Die cut another banner using ModaScrap and Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as shown or as desired. (Note the narrow layered section at the upper left.) 7. Using the Arrows die, cut an arrow for the bottom of the banner. Optional: Embellish with Nuvo Drops as shown. 8. Using the Feathers die, cut three feathers, edge each with ink, add to the top of the banner, tied with twine and overlapping as shown.
Chicago is know for its wonderful food, so I added a bowl and some cooking utensils.
9. Die cut banners using ModaScrap and Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as desired 10. Using the Kitchen Tools die set, cut heart, bowl, and tools. Use a Fitted Circles die to cut a circle. Adhere the small pieces to it, arranged as shown above.
There’s no place like Cape Cod for some tasty crab and lobster.
11. Die cut banners using ModaScrap and Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as desired. 12. Using the Large Shells die, cut crab silhouette and overlay. Adhere to banner at lower right. 13. Using the Small Shells die set, cut shell silhouettes and overlays. Adhere to banner at lower left.
When they boast about how everything is bigger in Texas, they mean it. It’s usually a 3-day drive just crossing it.
14. Cut banners using Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as desired. 15. Using the Arrows die, cut one arrow, edge with ink, and add to banner. Options: Cut a second arrow and use the feather portion for a double layer at the bottom, as shown. Embellish with Nuvo Drops.
San Francisco is usually shrouded in fog during the summer months, but when it’s a sunny day there is nothing lovelier.
16. Cut banners using ModaScrap and Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer as desired. 17. Using the Rainbow Sky die set, cut the rainbow from 4 colors, add to top of page. Cut 8 clouds, edge with ink, and adhere to banner, overlapping as shown. Optional: Use foam tape to add dimension to two or three of the clouds. Die cut a sun; adhere toward the top of the banner. 18. String together with twine or ribbon.
Well, there you have it! Hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies: Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Other: Twine Nuvo Drops Foam tape Travel theme scrapbook paper