Hello everybody, it´s Sanna here and it´s my turn to post a tutorial for the Die Cut Design Team today. If you know me, you know that I love color. I have been going up and down ever since the Distress Oxides arrived and told myself I don´t really need more inks. Well, eventually I gave in and got myself a set of six colors. Needless to say, I totally fell in love with the inks and I am afraid I am going to need a few more colors soon. The inks work so nicely with the Soft Finish Cardstock, too. (Am I finding excuses to buy a few more colors? Yes, I am…)
I have been watching everyone in the team having so much fun with the inks that I just had to test them. Here is my first set of cards made with these versatile inks:
This is how I created them:
1. Take a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock and apply Distress Oxides onto it with an ink blending tool.
2. Now take a DIY foam stamp, created with a die cut die (see full tutorial here) and spritz it with water. (TIP: Use a fine mist.)
3. Press the stamp onto the Distress Oxide-treated surface. Let the ink and water work their magic.
4. Take a second piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock and mount it onto a sheet of Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
5. Run thru your die cutting machine with a background die of your choice.
6. Remove the negative pieces and adhere to your Distress Oxide backgrounds. Trim excess at the edges before adding to the card base.
7. Add additional detail with leftover pieces, stamped sentiments, rhinestones, liquid pearls, a die cut Peacock Feather or a sentiment (the word Birthday, shown).
8. For an additional card, use the negative leftover pieces and add similar decorative elements just like the first two cards.
For a full start-to-finish tutorial, see this video:
I hope you get inspired and create a few cards of your own using these ideas! I am just getting started…there will be more project ideas and videos coming in the near future.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
<!– LinkDeli Code End —>
Heat Buddy – Ranger Ink
Liquid Pearls – Ranger Ink
Dimentional Pearls – Ranger Ink
Distress Oxide inks – Ranger Ink
Ink Blending tools – Ranger Ink
Signo Uni-ball pen in white
Faber-Castell pen in black
Prima Marketing rhinestones
Gold and black embossing powder
Stampendous embossing enamels
Chalkboard Ink in black – Hero Arts
Water mist bottle
Non-stick craft sheet
Thank you, Kirsty!!! 🙂
These look amazing!!!
Thank you, Sharon!!!
Great video, fun techniques, lively colors & vibrant music!
Thanks so much, Nancy 🙂