Hello Crafty Friends! Kathy Jo popping in today to share a sweet baby card using soft colors and the beautiful “Baby” die from Suzanne Cannon’s “Baby Love” die set. What a cute die! And the heart in the “a” is a perfect touch.
- Create a 5″ x 5″ top-fold card base from ivory cardstock. Cut gingham paper to 4.75 x 4.75 and set aside.
- Die cut coordinating cardstock using Dotted Scallop Ovals die. Die cut another oval from ivory cardstock using Stitched Ovals die. Die cut “Baby” from the same cardstock as the Dotted Scallop Oval. Layer and adhere these three as shown below.
- Adhere linen trim (wide ribbon) and lace to gingham paper as a horizontal band using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Wrap a vertical line of 1/2″ ivory ribbon and adhere. Mount gingham/ribbon assembly to card front.
- Mount die cut oval stack to card front using foam tape for dimension. Create a triple-loop ribbon bow; wrap and tie at the center with twine. Adhere toward the top left of the oval using Beacon Kids Choice glue at the back of the knot.
- Optional: Apply adhesive-backed half-pearls or liquid pearls to each corner. Add liquid pearls to heart in the “a”.
The card above was given to friends of mine who recently had their first baby: a cute-as-a-button baby girl. 🙂
The die set is great for creating baby cards, scrapbook pages or frames. Another fun way to use the die is on a furry family member’s scrapbook page. Feel free to visit this link to see the scrapbook page from my Saint Bernard puppy, Teddy.
Thank you for stopping by – Have a happy, crafty day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Gingham patterned paper and coordinating paper (Graphic 45)
Liquid pearls (Nuvo)
Lace, linen trim (wide ribbon), white ribbon, twine