By Judi Kauffman
This card is for my friend Jane. Hope. That’s the word we’re embracing. We hope her treatment continues to knock cancer out of her body, we hope to go to the Cape together next summer, we hope to make each other laugh for many, many more years!
And I hope you’ll want to make this card for someone brave in your life, too.
- Cut a piece of green tone-on-tone patterned paper to 5.5” x 5.5”. Score and fold in half. Using the 2-step General Pop Ups die, cut the pop up mechanism along the fold, 1.25” from the right edge of the square. Fold the pop ups inward so the mechanism will properly open and close.
- Cut a piece of pink heart pattern paper to 6” x 6”. Score and fold in half. Cut a piece of duplex (2-color) light pink/medium pink cardstock to 6” x 9”. Score and fold in half with the medium pink on the inside and the light pink on the outside. If 2-sided cardstock isn’t available, glue two pieces of lightweight cardstock together and treat as one sheet.
- Layer and adhere the pieces from steps 1 and 2, precisely aligning at the fold and taking care not to get any adhesive on the back of the pop up mechanism.
- Die cut the word Hope and the ribbon from Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Adhere Hope to a piece of star pattern paper, mat with a narrow border of heart pattern paper. Adhere to the back portion of the pop up. Adhere the lower left tail of the ribbon to the front portion of the pop up. (Use tiny snippets of a Tombow Xtreme Tab go hold the Shimmer Sheetz word and ribbon, use Clear Double Sided Adhesive for the paper layers. If you are new to die cutting Shimmer Sheetz, review the tutorial HERE. Reminder: A metal adaptor plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate is required for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz.
- Using black ink, stamp the William Blake quote, two four-flower clusters and one single flower onto heart pattern paper. Trim into rectangles and squares. Mat to green polka dot paper. Trim, leaving .25” border. Randomly stamp a 1” x 6” strip of medium pink cardstock with leaves. (Set aside this strip and one of the four-flower cluster pieces until step 8.)
- Die cut a flower from Green Velvet Adhesive Sheet. Position at the left side of the green square. Trim the stem as needed.
- Add a 1” strip of light pink cardstock across the top of the card (.25” from the top edge), a .5” strip across the bottom (also .25” from the edge). Adhere the quote and two of the stamped pieces from step 5, angled as shown and trimmed at the edges as needed.
To complete the card front:
- Mat the leaf-stamped 1” x 6” medium pink cardstock strip with Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, leaving a .25” border at top and bottom. Mat the four-flower cluster from step 5 with Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, leaving an eighth-inch border.
- Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the strip to the card front, .75” from the bottom edge. Using foam tape to add dimension, mount the square 1.25” from the right edge, centered over the strip as shown in the photo above step 8.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
A Way with Words – Hope (COMING SOON)
A Bit of Fragrance Clear Stamp Set (COMING SOON)
Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tabs
Non-stick scissors (to cut Tabs)
Medium/Light Pink 2-sided cardstock
Patterned papers (BoBunny)
Black ink pad
Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate
(or other machine with metal adaptor plate)