Fall is a beautiful time of year. This is Selma Stevenson today and I have designed a card combining Susan’s Garden Notes Square Window & Flower Box and Carolina Window and Shutters die sets. It was fun creating a new type of window using both die sets.
- Create a 6-inch square card.
- Use a sheet of the Through The Lens – Wood cardstock to cover the front of the card. (Trim slightly so there is a narrow border visible on all sides.)
- Sponge around the edge of the card front using black ink.
- Use brown cardstock and die cut the window frames using the window dies in both the Square Window and Carolina Window die sets.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock large enough to fit behind both window frames. Cover it with a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Cut this cardstock to create a backing for both windows.
- Use a piece of Deco Foil Rainbow gold/bronze foil to cover the adhesive covered cardstock. Attach the die cut window frames over the foil.
- Center and attach the Carolina Window Frame, over the Square Window as shown in the above picture.
- Attach the window on the right side of the card.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Dahlia die set to die cut yellow petals for one flower. Sponge the tips of the petals with orange ink. Shape the petals with Susan’s Flower Tool Kit and assemble one flower.
- Use the ModaScrap Leafy Branch 4 die set and die cut three branches from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock. Use the Leaf Tool and Pad to draw a vein down the center of each leaf.
- Add Prills for berries on the Leafy Branches. (It is time consuming but I picked out the dark red Prills in one of the Secret Garden jars. You can use yellow or orange Prills instead.)
- Use the ModaScrap Pair of Leaves 1 die set and die cut three sets of leaves using Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock. Draw a vein down the center of each leaf using the Leaf Tool. Use the dark red PanPastel to sponge a little color to the edges of the leaves.
- Use Susan’s Garden Woodland Leaves die set to die cut two Oak Leaves. Draw veins on leaves using the Leaf Tool. Color the leaves with PanPastels in fall colors. Push the leaves down onto VersaMark Ink and clear emboss.
- Arrange flowers and leaves as shown in the photo.
There are many different Garden Notes flower die sets you can use to embellish your window.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
My message should have said – I love this card, windows, background and of course the flowers. Beautiful
Wow this card is breathing taking, absolutely stunning!
I’ve this card, beautiful window and background
Stunning autumn card! Thank you for taking the time to pick out the red prills & telling us! I love the glossy leaves too! Oh I thought for sure u used glossy card stock! Love the idea of versamark & clear emboss powder! I love all of ur techniques…takes ur art to the top of class! ???
Very nice card! Love the fall colors in it!
What a gorgeous card. I love fall colors and the foil is back of the window is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Hi Selma, stunning card, fall is my favorite time of year, love the colors!
This Autumn window is stunning!
Really like the window background. thanks for sharing.