Hello everybody, it´s Sanna here from the Die Cutting Team to share a winter scenery card idea with you. I really like the combination of white and green in clean and simple cards and therefore decided to create a Christmas card in these colors.
I combined two different die sets from the newest release for the scene. I wanted to have different size trees and snowflakes on this card.
This is how I created the card:
1. Cut a strip of White Soft Finish Cardstock into a size that will fit into your die cutting machine. Put Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet onto the front of one piece and the back of the other. (See the video tutorial for complete details.) The smaller trees have adhesive on ths back, two of the bigger trees have adhesive on the front so glitter can be added in an upcoming step.
2. Cover the front of a white card base with green patterned paper.
3. Stamp the die cut snow hill piece with Happy Holidays! using embossing ink, apply gold embossing powder, and heat set with the heat tool.
4. Remove the release sheet from the front of the larger trees, cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, brush off excess and return it to the jar. Polish the glitter with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
5. Arrange and adhere the hills and trees, overlapping and grouping them as shown.
6. Die cut snowflakes from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. (Scraps left from step 1 can be used.) Arrange the snowflakes in the green sky. Trim at the edges as needed.
7. For additional interest and sparkle, decorate the sky with some dots of dimensional glitter glue.
As you can see, this card is quite easy to make and should you have trees and snowflakes left over from this project, you can save them for your next Christmas card project or make a matching gift tag. I´ve created a step-by-step video for you to watch in addition to the written steps. Hope you like it!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Heat It! tool by Ranger Ink.
Gold Embossing Powder by Ranger Ink.
VersaMark ink by Tsukineko
Crystal Stickles by Ranger Ink.