Hi there, artlings! It’s Suzanne here today with a little home décor project that pairs the elegance of the A Way With Words diecuts with rustic elements. It works! Anyone would love to receive this from you, don’t you think? Using clothespins gives you lots of flexibility and so many options!
Here is how you can make it:
- Die cut Season’s Greetings twice, once from red cardstock and once from white. Die cut two pine boughs and one fern from a variety of greens. Die cut five snowflakes from white cardstock. Layer the red Season’s Greetings over the white diecut and adhere together so the white shows above the red. This makes it look like snow has fallen onto the red words!
- Paint the clothespins with pickle wash and allow to dry. Optional: Add a second coat. Create a button by drilling four holes in the small birch round and paint it with pickle wash. Allow to dry. I love the look of wood and really like this pickle wash because it allows the wood grain to show through. Tie red thread through the holes.
- Position the clothespins as shown toward the top of the Small Country Round. Make sure that the clothespins are positioned so they will hold the greeting. Season’s Greetings, Merry Christmas and other A Way With Words diecuts and combinations will fit on the Round. Adhere the clothespins to the wood with glue or Clear Double Sided Adhesive (just in case you want to adjust the location of the clothespins or re-purpose the wood base for something else!).
- Clip the Season’s Greetings diecut in place with the clothespins. This will help you position the embellishments.
- Adhere the cluster of die cut greenery to the wood round. Create a multi-loop bow with paper cord. adhere it above the spray of greenery and top with the button. Adhere the snowflakes as shown or as you prefer.
Here are some alternative A Way With Words options! Change them daily or once a week. (Does someone in your family have a birthday in December? Wish them Happy Birthday on their special day.) It’s such fun! Merry Christmas!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Walnut Hollow Basswood Small Country Round
Walnut Hollow Birch Value Bag 30 pc
Plaid FolkArt Pickling Wash – Cottage White
Canvas Corp 1 in. Clothespins
Core’dinations cardstock in red and green
White paper cord
Love this!!! You could easily make the snowflakes removable and change sentiments for any season or holiday.
I’m echoing what Lagene said – the juxtapositio of calligraphic die cuts with rustic natural wood is super, elegant without being formal.
Awesome ! I love how the fancy word dies look on the rustic wood!