I am a sucker for critters on Christmas cards and reindeer might be my favorite! So naturally, I had to create a card featuring the Reindeer & Birds Clear Stamp set. This set is so cute that it made sense to me to combine it with a funny greeting to create a whimsical card perfect for the Christmas-lover with a sense of humor. Here’s how I made the card:
- Using permanent black ink stamp the Reindeer with Gift & Birds stamp onto marker-friendly white cardstock and color with desired medium in shades of red, brown, olive green and aqua. (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.) If desired, add sparkle to the ornaments on the tree with glitter drops and on the garland, present ribbon, reindeer tail & nose with glitter markers.
- Stamp the “Christmas cheer…” greeting from Holiday Cheer Clear Stamps onto a 1” x 4 ¼” piece of Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock using embossing ink and cover with white embossing powder. Heat set with a heat tool.
- Die cut around the reindeer image using the 4th largest die from the Dotted Scallop Squares die set. Adhere pieces of 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape along the embossed edges of the square (created by the die during the cutting process). Be careful to match the corners so the tape forms a clean square. Remove the release sheet to expose the adhesive and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Tap off excess, return it to the jar. Polish the glitter with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle! If there are any bald spots, use a fine point glue pen to fix the places where glitter did not adhere to the tape. Repeat the glittering process, but wait until the liquid glue dries before polishing the glitter with a fingertip. Brush excess glitter off with a soft brush and/or a Swiffer drying cloth. NOTE: In the video and in the photo I did this step at the end but you would be much better off doing it now instead.
- Cut a piece of 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 ¼” x 11” and fold in half to create an A2 size top-fold card base. Cut the triangle patterned paper from the ModaScrap It’s Christmas Time 6 x 6 Paper Pack to 4 ¼” x 5 ½” and adhere to the front of the card base using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Cut a piece of white fun foam to slightly smaller than the scalloped square and adhere to the back using 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Alternatively, use foam tape. Adhere the reindeer square to the card front, centered toward the top. Use 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere the greeting as shown. Accent the greeting by adding a Red/Gold Glitter Dot on both sides. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- Permanent Black Ink
- Embossing Ink
- White Detail Embossing Powder
- Red Glitter Drops
- Gold Glitter Marker
- Clear Glitter Marker
- White Glaze Pen
- White Fun Foam
- Heat Tool
Just like you, I can’t resist critters (but pretty much all year long….) and reindeers are my favorite for winter/Christmas cards. Your card is just extra lovely !
This is just so adorable. Great tutorial also!
Super tutorial….nice soft voice with great detail. Look forward to seeing more Elena