Hi, Diana here! Have you ever seen one of those time lapsed videos of flowers blooming? It’s quite amazing. This quote from the Where My Flowers Bloom Collection stamp set reminded me of those videos. Flowers open ever-so-slowly, but then they’re in full bloom! And it’s quite beautiful to behold. I combined this quote with one of my favorite flowers – Stargazer Lilies. They are so vibrant and bold – and a lot taller than you would think! Read on to find out how I made this card.
- Die cut enough pieces to make two Lilies out of white cardstock. Use watercolors to color the petals in bright reddish pink, leaving the edges white and painting the center area with bright yellow. Once dried, add little dark red flecks coming from the center. The combination of bold hot pink and red flecks add up to Stargazer Lilies! To make the stamens, use a bit of yellow embossing powder. Cut the leaves from green cardstock and sponge the edges with ink in a darker shade of green.
- Using the middle-sized die from the Fitted Rectangle die set, cut a black rectangle. Mat it to light olive green cardstock, leaving a narrow border.
- Die cut two Leafy Branch pieces from the same light olive green cardstock.
- Stamp and emboss the sentiment using white ink and white embossing powder.
- Arrange and adhere all the layers and die cut elements as shown in the photos.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope 2018 is going wonderfully for you, and if you’ve made resolutions, especially crafty ones, I hope you can keep them!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White embossing powder
White pigment ink pad
Cardstock in black, green, white, and light olive green
Distress Ink in Pine Needle
Sakura Koi Watercolors
Water brush or paintbrush