Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today, showcasing one of the 6″ x 6″ background stamps by Krista Schneider. For some, this is a bigger stamp than needed and most would cut out only a section of it, but below you will find a simple way to stamp only the section you want! By doing this your project will look natural and will give you multiple looks using one stamp. I’m providing all of the easy steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a horizontal top-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Stamp Birds and Branches Background on a scrap piece of paper (photocopy paper will do). Cut out the section you want on your project (save this piece for Step 3) and use the section you don’t want as your mask). I chose the bottom half of the stamp. Place the mask over Bristol Smooth Surface Paper trimmed to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Stamp Birds and Branches Background in black pigment ink. Now only the section you wanted will be stamped, creating a new design. Color in the design using any watercolor medium. Shown: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Set aside to dry. TIP: If using alcohol markers, use the smooth side of White Soft Finish Cardstock instead of Bristol Paper.
- Step 3 -If you don’t want ink splashes over the colored image use the stamped scrap image from Step 2 to cover the colored image before spattering. To create the spattering: Add Distress Inks and a bit of water on an Acrylic Block. Use a paintbrush to pick up the ink and tap the brush to create the splatter. Shown: Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Broken China. Let dry before the next step.
- Step 4 – Trim Black Soft Finish Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere the colored background to the Black cardstock using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere the whole panel to the front of the card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 5 – Stamp Banner Sentiments on Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock using Embossing Ink. Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder and heat set with a heat tool. Die cut around the greeting using a Stitched Fishtail Banners die. Adhere to the card using foam tape.
This card can be used for any occasion by changing the sentiment. Links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs online store are in the supply list below. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Broken China
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
VersaMark Ink Pad
Ranger Embossing Powder
Bristol Smooth Surface Paper
Buy Amoxil online
Buy ventolin inhaler
citalopram no prescription