Hi there, Artlets! It’s Suzanne here today with a card that would be awesome for a guy! The colours are muted, the sentiment is non-mushy, yet there are interesting elements that make it one of a kind!
Here is how you can make it!
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 7”x 5” from kraft cardstock.
- Cut a panel of Specialty Stamping Paper measuring approximately 4.5” x 8.5. Die cut Soar from kraft cardstock.
- Tape down Feathers stencil with removable tape and mark the corner registration holes lightly with a pencil. Cover those registration marks with tape. Sponge Stormy Sky ink through the down feathers and remove stencil. Allow ink to dry.
- Align left side of stencil holes over the registration marks you made before and tape in place.Cover those registration marks with tape and sponge ink through stencil again. Remove stencil and allow to dry. Erase the pencil marks.
- Stamp sentiment with VersaMark ink. Allow to dry.
- Tape feather stencil positioned as shown. Use removable tape to cover any areas you don’t want sponged! Sponge and blend Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap inks through feather.
- Trim stenciled and stamped panel to approximately 5” x 3.5”. Cut a mat from kraft cardstock that is approximately 1/8” larger, then cut two more mats, one from white and one from blue as shown. Adhere all layers with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Finally, attach this to the card front with foam tape.
- Attach Soar diecut with clear foam tape.
Now you can make one in the colours of your choice! Happy creating!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap
Ink Blending Tool
VersaMark Midnight Black Ink
Cardstock in kraft and blue
Specialty Stamping Paper
Clear Foam tape