Hi! It’s Elena here and today I am suffering from Spring Fever. As a result, I have created a colorful window box card full of flowers to help satisfy my craving for all things spring. I used the Garden Party Clear Stamps along with some foam tape and several different papers, die cut and layered together to create added dimension on an otherwise simple card. This card could be sent as a friendly hello or, with a change of sentiment, be a fun Mother’s Day card too. Here’s how I made it:
- Stamp the window box stamp from the Garden Party Clear Stamp set twice onto some watercolor-friendly cardstock using permanent black ink. With one of the images, color all of it except for the most forward row of flowers and with the second image, color only the front row of flowers using the watercolor markers of your choice in shades of purple, yellow, pink, green and aqua (as shown in photo); Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker used on this card. Carefully fussy cut the colored row of flowers from the second image and use the matching die cut to cut out the almost fully colored window box image (shown in Step 3 photo). Stamp the flower border stamp once and color 2 of the small flowers yellow with a green leaf and fussy cut (shown in Step 3 photo). If desired, add dimensional drops to some of the flower centers.
- Stamp the “Wishing You a Colorful Day” sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set on to a strip of bright pink cardstock that coordinates with the large stamped flowers from Step 1 using clear embossing ink. Cover with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Assemble the components of the card by cutting a piece of 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 ½” x 8 ½” and folding in half to create a side folding card base. Cut a piece of bright green cardstock that coordinates with the colored leaves on the stamped flowers to 4 ¼” x 5 ½”. Trim a piece of 85 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”. Die cut the blue wave paper from the ModaScrap Happy Travel 12 x 12 paper pack using the second largest die in the Dotted Scallop Rectangles die set. Die cut a piece from the Through the Lens Wood Paper Pack using the 4th largest die in the ModaScrap Dashing Rectangles die set. If necessary, trim the greeting strip to 5/8″ x 4 ½”.
- Using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the green cardstock to the front of the card base, followed by the 85 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock piece, the blue wave paper piece and finally the wood piece of paper, centering each piece on the preceding one. Add 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the window box image. Add foam tape to the back of the front row of flowers piece (fussy cut out in Step 1) and layer on to the window box. Adhere the window box to the wood paper, centered in the upper third. Add 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the greeting strip and adhere across the card front below the window box. Trim off the excess paper that hangs over the sides of the card base. Use liquid glue to add one each of the small flowers to either side of the greeting.
- As a final touch, add color coordinating pink, blue and yellow sequins to the front of the card in a random but pleasing pattern using liquid adhesive. Add white dimensional drops in the centers of the sequins and let dry. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Watercolor Markers
- Permanent Black Ink
- Clear Embossing Ink
- White Detail Embossing Powder
- Colored Drops
- Liquid Glue
- Foam Tape
This is beautifully done!