Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Happy Mother’s Day Gift Box. Mother’s Day is only a couple of weeks away and why not create a beautiful little gift box to put your mom’s gift in? Using a variety of dies from Joset Designs and ModaScrap, my gift box came together quickly. I hope you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Die cut the Triangle Treat Box out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Place one half of the die cut box into the Berry Branch Embossing Folder and run it through the die cutting machine. Remove the box from the folder, turn it so the other half is inside the embossing folder and repeat.
2. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Picked Raspberry, Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks over the entire surface of the box. Spritz the ink with water. Set aside to dry.
3. Die cut the Daisy from the Large Flower Set three times out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the flower. Lightly go over each flower with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink.
4. From the Trio of Leaves die set, you’ll need the medium leaf. Die cut the medium leaf twice out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink over each leaf.
5. From the Words 3 – Happy Holidays die set, die cut the “Happy”, “Mother’s” and “Day” out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
6. To assemble the box: Fold on the score lines. Apply a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the long strip on the box. Apply a piece to the notch at the bottom corner of the box. Peel the release sheet to expose the adhesive and adhere the sides. After putting the gift inside, to hold the box closed, use an elastic band. Place the elastic band through the hole as if you were tying ribbon to the top of a tag and then wrap the elastic band down so that it sits in the notched part at the bottom of the box.
7. Layer and adhere the three daisies, add a Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot to the center. Trim the bottom part of the stem to make shorter leafy pieces and adhere at the middle of the left side of the box. Adhere the daisy over the leaves. Refer to photo.
8. Adhere the “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment down the right side of the box.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Mother’s Day Gift Box.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint
Blending tool with foam
Elastic band (or ribbon)