Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today! I have a fun card to share with you combining a Do It Yourself Background and the Circles Background Stamp. Below are the steps to replicate this card/technique.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Create a Distress Oxide Background. Apply Distress Oxide (Faded Jeans and Broken China) onto a kraft mat. Spray water to the inks to activate. Dip Soft Finish Cardstock into ink. Dry with a heat tool. Repeat until cardstock is fully covered. Let dry before doing Step 4.
- Step 4 – Use an embossing magic pad over the background created. Stamp Circles Background on the background created using Versamark Ink. Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder and remove excess. Heat set it with a heat tool.
- Step 5 – Diecut Fitted Circles on the bottom right corner of the background. Optional – put the Dotted Scallop Circles into the background and in your diecutting machine set it up to emboss. This will leave an impression on your background. Stamp Banners (Birthday) sentiment on the bottom right corner of the card base using Versafine Ink. Adhere the background to the card base using foam tape to add dimension.
- Step 6 – Optional – Color in the Circles using Gansai Tambi Pearl Colors, this makes the circles pop and adds a shine. Ink the edges of the background using Distress Ink (Mowed Lawn).
- Step 7 – Stamp Bugs & Butterflies (the butterfly) on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Color the image with medium of your preference. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Persian Green 033, Cobalt Blue 031, Lt. Green 041) with an Aqua Brush. Once completely dry diecut Bugs & Butterflies (the butterfly). Adhere to card using foam tape to add dimension.
- Step 8 – Diecut Words 1 – Celebration (Happy) on the scrap piece from the background. Adhere to the card above the word Birthday using Kids Choice Glue.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card. This card can be used for any occasion by changing the sentiment, image and/or colors.
Links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs online store are in the supply list below. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Gansai Tambi Pearl Colors
Distress Ink (Mowed Lawn)
Distress Oxide Ink (Faded Jeans and Broken China)
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Persian Green 033, Cobalt Blue 031, Lt. Green 041)
Silver Embossing Powder
Versamark Onyx Black Ink