Happy Saturday! It’s Suzanne here today. We’re getting so close to the big date, this blog is starting to glow! I love being able to give you a Sneak Peek at a project I designed with the Gable Box from my new collection of dies and stamps! You can see many more projects on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and web site on June 5 – Not too long to wait!
These little boxes are so cute. You’ll want to make a whole family of them! They’re great for weddings, baby showers, teachers and, well, just about anyone. It’s all about dressing them up. And your imagination is the limit.
Here is how you make these little cuties –
- Die cut the Gable Box using the colour and cardstock of choice, such as Soft Finish Cardstock, designer paper or watercolor painter you’ve painted!
- Option One: Use favorite stamps to decorate the sides of the box before assembling it.
- Option Two: Add your favourite diecuts in coordinating colours around the outside of the box.
- Option Three: Want more of a lantern look? Use the Fitted Squares to cut into the side for a little peek-a-boo window. Or maybe circles suit you better. Wait! How about stars?! (You get the picture – any simple shape can be die cut into the side. Cover the inside of the window with cellophane if you’re adding …. hmmm….. jelly beans! For a lantern that is lit from within, die cut all four sides, adhere vellum swatches to the inside of the windows and insert a battery-operated votive light into the bottom when the box is assembled.
- To assemble the Gable Box, simply fold along all the score lines, apply adhesive to the side tab and form into the box shape. Fold up the bottom tabs and and glue. Match up the heart tabs at the top, hold them together and slip the notches into the side teardrop hole. This style of box opens and closes so easily.
Voila! You have a little box that’s suitable for any occasion and gift-giving at any time of year. I hope you love this as much as I do. How will you decorate your Gable Boxes?
We’ll be sharing the whole release on June 5th. Till then, happy creating! Suzanne
P.S. I shared the chocolate truffle with my husband! Really.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
How adorable. Love these boxes.
Thank you, Connie!
That ROSE is going to be a must-have, Suzanne. Great projects and a lovely little box.
Thank you, Judi! <3
Your little box is adorable, Suzanne! Would you please provide the dimensions of it? I can think of so many uses for it and can’t wait to buy the die.
the boxes are approximately 2 inches square and stand about 3 1/4 inches tall.
Thanks to Frances for getting you the information Debbie! I’m so pleased you like the box!
I love the open to fie cut the sides to give it a peek a boo look! Very cute!’n
Thank you, Jan! Just think of all the fun things you can have peeking out!