It’s Joset here. Today I wanted to create a bright, fun card with tropical vibes using the Summer Drink die set. I think the card is super colorful, and by adding the flowers it’s a little tropical as well. I hope you will enjoy creating this card yourself.
- Cut aqua cardstock 5 1/2 x 11, score at 5 1/2 inches and fold in half for a square top- or side-fold card base.
- Cut one Dashing Square using the second largest die in the set from Celadon Green Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to card front as shown.
- Cut one Stitched Hexagon from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest die in the set. Adhere on top of the Dashing Square as shown.
- Cut all the pieces to create one small and one large flower from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the Tropical Florals die set. Color with Distress Inks using a Round Mini Ink Blending Tool. (Colors used: Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Tea Dye). Assemble Fowers and set them aside.
- Cut 3 glasses from the Summer Drink die set from aqua colored cardstock. Keep one solid and cut out the center from the other two. Using ECD Fine Pointed Scissors, cut right where the embossed line is. Also cut one glass from transparent film/acetate sheet with confetti design (or plain film/acetate). Cut top part off this glass. The picture below shows the two glasses with cut out center and the transparent confetti piece. (Does not show the solid aqua glass as this was added later).
6. Adhere the confetti piece behind one of the glasses with cut out. Adhere this one on top of the other glass with cut out to make a thicker base. See picture below.
7. Cut all the pieces for the oranges from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Each slice of orange consists of a solid base and an overlay. For the overlays, adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the cardstock first before die cutting. Color the solid base with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and add some Spiced Marmalade around the edges. Once colored and dry, adhere the overlays.
8. Cut 3 ice cubes and the slice of pineapple from White Soft Finish Carstock. Color the ice cubes with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and the slice of Pineapple with Mustard Seed. Cut the straw from green cardstock.
9. Assemble the glass. Adhere the ice cubes, the oranges and the straw on the solid glass. Then add the glass with the transparent piece. Add the pineapple slice by making one cut somewhere in the slice and hang it over the rim of the glass. Adhere glass to card front.
10. Cut one Stitched Fishtail Banner from White Soft Finish Cardstock and stamp Tropical Vibes sentiment with Black Ink.
11. Cut one round label from the Labels 1 die set and stamp Happy Summer sentiment. Add some Gold/Silver Glitter Dots around the edge. Adhere both sentiments to card front.
12. Adhere flowers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock in Aqua and Pale Green
Transparent film/acetate sheet with confetti design or other transparent sheet
Distress Inks colors: Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade and Tumbled Glass)
Round Mini Ink Blending Tool
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting clear stamps (or stamp platform)