It’s Tanja here and I would like to show you how to create this tropical flower shaker card.
Step 1 – Cut out all the elements from watercolor paper.
- Die cut a rectangle from watercolor paper using the largest of the Stitched Rectangles dies.
- Cut an oval opening into the background panel using one of the Garden Notes – Frame it – Stitched Ovals.
- Cut out the larger flower and one of the leaves from the Tropical Florals die set.
- Add color to the background panel with Distress Oxide Ink (Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean).
- Color the flower and the leaf with Distress Oxide Ink (Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers).
- Mist the elements with Pearlized Water (Perfect Pearls and water) for extra shine and texture.
Step 2 – Heat-emboss the sentiment.
- Stamp the Aloha sentiment from the Beach Sentiments set with VersaMark and heat-emboss it with white embossing powder.
Step 3 – Create a Shaker Element
- Use some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere a piece of acetate behind the oval opening and surround it with two layers of double-sided foam adhesive.
- Fill the shaker element with sequins and seed beads and close it with patterned paper from the ModaScrap Wood Effects 6×6 paper pad.
- Adhere the finished panel to a white card base.
Have a tropical day!
Distress Oxide Ink (Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers)
WOW! Bright White Super Fine embossing powder
Sequins and seed beads
Double-sided foam adhesive