Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Just Because… Tag. The inspiration came from Joset Designs’ Dreamcatcher Die. With that element of my tag figured out, I added more with stamps from Joset Designs, Els van de Burgt Studio, and Krista Schneider to finish it off. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 3″ x 6 1/2″. Place the plain tag topper from the Tags & More 9 – Sparkle die 1/2″ across the top (short end) of the rectangle. Before running the die through, also place the small circle die at the top of the tag to cut a hole. Run the tag through the die cutting machine. Die cut the reinforcement from a scrap of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Emboss the tag using the Lots of Dots folder. Set aside the reinforcement till the end of Step 2.
2. Sprinkle Chartreuse, Jade and Cerulean Blue Magenta Nuance powders onto the middle of the tag. Spritz the powder with water. Set the wet tag aside to dry. Adhere the reinforcement to the hole.
3. Using the Dreamcather die set, cut the threads and outer ring (circle) from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Leave the threads white. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the outside ring.
4. Die cut the feathers and threads from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Vintage Photo Distress ink over the feathers, shape as desired.
5. Using Jet Black Archival Ink, stamp ‘just because’ onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once the ink has dried, cut the sentiment apart. Distress the edges of each sentiment block and ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a blending tool with foam.
6. Randomly stamp the Circles Background onto the tag with Jet Black Archival Ink, taking care not to get ink on the reinforcement. Re-ink and re-stamp as needed to get the desired effect.
7. Distress the edges of the tag. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
8. Adhere the pieces of the dreamcatcher as shown.
9. Accent the dangling threads with Blue/Gold and Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots.
10. Adhere the sentiment blocks toward the bottom right corner of the tag.
11. To finish off your tag add a piece of white crinkle ribbon to the hole at the top.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Just Because… Tag.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
- Blending Tool with Foam
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- Magenta Nuance powders in Chartreuse, Jade and Cerulean Blue