It’s Tanja here and I would like to show you how to create this Sent with Love Gatefold Flower Card.
Step 1 – Die cut the pieces
- From White Soft Finish Cardstock – Petals and leaves using the Garden Notes – Alstroemeria set; two circles using the Stitched Circles set.
Step 2 – Color and shape the pieces
- Add color to the circles using Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber)
- Color the petals and the leaves with Alcohol Markers
- Shape the petals and leaves with Susan’s Garden All Metal Tool Kit
Step 3 – Assembly and stamping
- Create a square gatefold card from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using the large circle as a guide, start adhering the petals around the edge of the card, overlapping the the petals at the centre opening.
- Add leaves to card as shown in photo below.
- Cut one of the circles created in step 1 in half and adhere these over the petals on either side of the gatefold so they cover the base of the petals.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Love Sentiments Clear Stamp set onto the remaining circle using Versafine Clair Morning Mist Ink. See photo above for placement.
- Adhere the circle onto the card by adding adhesive to only the left side of the circle and add to the existing half circle attached to the left side of card.
- Stamp one of the butterflies from the Bugs & Butterflies Clear Stamp set with Versafine Clair Morning Mist and color the image with Alcohol Markers. Die cut butterfly using coordinating dies and adhere to card.
I hope you got inspired to make your own version of this fun and easy card!
Distress Ink – Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber
VersaFine Clair – Morning Mist