Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances Byrne here and it is my turn to post a tutorial today. A few weeks ago Elizabeth Craft Designs released seven new Winter/Christmas themed stamp sets with coordinating die sets from licensed designer Krista Schneider. I have used one of these stamp sets with an older set from last year to create this fun Tri-fold card.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/4 inches x 9 inches.
- Score along the 9 inch side at 3 inches and 6 inches. Fold along these score lines so that the fold at the left of the card is a mountain fold and the other is a valley fold.
Step 2 –
- Using the 2 1/2 inch rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut three rectangles from the aqua paper in the ModaScrap Unconventional Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pack.
- Using the 2 3/4 inch rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set, die cut three rectangles from red cardstock.
- Layer the patterned paper onto the red rectangles.
Step 3 –
- Using the same Dashing Rectangle die that was used in step 2, die cut two rectangles from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Using the snow border die from the Adventure Edges die set, die cut three snowy border panels from these rectangles. These will be the three hillsides on the card panels.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and then polish the glitter into the adhesive using your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Adhere the snowy borders onto each of the rectangle panels created in step 2.
- Adhere the rectangle panels to each of the panels of the tri-fold card created in step 1.
Step 4 –
- Using black ink and stamps from the Elves Clear Stamp set, stamp three elf images and the sentiment banner panel onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color images as desired and die cut with the coordinating dies.
- Using black ink and stamps from the Winter Bears Clear Stamp set, stamp the large pair of trees four times onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Also stamp the large star. Color images and die cut with the coordinating dies.
- Trim off the bottom edge of the tree images so they are even, and then adhere these flat onto the card so that the trunks of the trees are just under the snow border. (Refer to photo above for placement.)
- Adhere elves to each panel using foam tape.
- Adhere the “Happy Holiday” banner to the left hand panel, centered toward the top.
- Adhere the star to the right hand panel.
- Stamp “Welcome to the North Pole” (from the Cute Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set) onto the centre panel.
Step 5 –
- Add glossy accents to the light bulbs the elf is holding in the centre panel.
Here is a look at the card when it is folded, ready to be placed in an envelope. Folded size: 3 inches x 4 1/4 inches.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.