it’s Tanja here and today I would like to show you how to create a wearable flower.
Step 1 – Cut out and color the flower pieces
- Die cut the flower pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the Garden Notes Love in a Mist die set
- Color the flower pieces with alcohol markers
Step 2 – Shape and assemble the flower
- Shape the flower pieces using the Susan’s Garden All Metal Tool Kit
- Use Kids Choice glue to assemble and adhere the pieces of the flower
Step 3 – Make the flower wearable
- Cover the whole flower with Resin
- Let it dry thoroughly; apply a second coat if desired and allow to dry a second time
- Adhere the flower to a hair clip as shown (Option: Adhere to a pin back finding and take care when wearing as a brooch. Though resin is durable, the flower is delicate so don’t crush it under a heavy jacket!)
I hope you got inspired and will make wearable flowers of your own!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Great idea Tanya! What type of resin did you use? Is it the Ice Resin Susan uses in her wearable art? I would like to make some hair clips or even headbands for my grand daughters as I think they would love them. Very pretty and well done Tanya! Love it.
So, so pretty!!!! I would wear this!!!