Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Merry Christmas Card. The inspiration came from ModaScrap’s Christmas Flower die. With that element of my card figured out, I added more with dies from ModaScrap, Els van de Burgt Studio, A Way With Words, and Susan’s Garden Notes to finish it off. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Die cut the A Way With Words – Merry Christmas – Small die out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Fired Brick Distress Ink over the entire surface of the word.
2. Die cut two of Susan’s Garden Notes – Berry Spray out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Ground Espresso Distress Ink over the entire surface of each berry spray.
3. From ModaScrap’s Christmas Flower die set, die cut four small flowers and two medium flowers out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Fired Brick Distress Ink over the entire surface of all six flowers. Shape all six flowers using Susan’s Garden 4 pcs. all metal tools and a molding pad.
4. From the same Christmas Flower die set, die cut two medium flowers out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Forest Moss Distress Ink over the entire surface of both flowers. Shape both flowers using Susan’s Garden 4 pcs. all metal tools and a molding pad so that they turn into leaves.
5. Die cut a 5 1/4″ Dashing Square out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Place the 3 1/4″ Susan Garden Notes – Frame It – Stitched Circle die in the middle of the square; die cut the round opening.
6. Die cut a 3 3/4″ Stitched Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
7. Adhere the circle to the back of the window opening (circle frame) using foam squares. (This panel will go on the card base later.)
8. Adhere the two berry spray branches around the left side of the circle. Cut the berry sprays as needed.
9. Assemble the poinsettias as follows: Adhere two small flowers, one medium flower and one leaf to create each poinsettia. Add five gold rhinestones to the centre.
10. Arrange and adhere the two poinsettias over the berry sprays.
11. Adhere the Merry Christmas sentiment to the middle of the circle.
12. Cut white cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 10 1/2″; score at 5 1/4″ and fold in half for a side- or top-fold square card base. Adhere the card front panel to the card base. Add Red/Gold Glitter Dots peel-offs to the each circle on the berry sprays.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Merry Christmas Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Ink in Ground Espresso, Fired Brick and Forest Moss
- Blending Tool with Foam
- Gold Rhinestones