This is the time of the year when we count our blessings, and I have a lot to be thankful for. One of them is being a grand-mother of 3 amazingly beautiful, smart and strong grand-daughters. Their smiles have the power to make everything right in this world and it reminds me that the precious things in life….aren’t things!!!
Here are the steps to create this card:
- To make this card, you will need a 11 X 5½ piece of 100 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock scored in the middle and folded to create a 5½ X 5½ card.
- You will also need a 5¼ X 5¼ square piece of Mediterranean blue cardstock.
- With some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (6mm) on the back of the blue cardstock, adhere to the white card base.
- Using the full heart shape in the Leafy Lace Heart (1267) die cut one heart out of 85 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock and one heart out of mirror gold cardstock. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (6mm), adhere the gold heart on the white one, and adhere it on the card.
- Using the dies from the Garden Notes – Rose 3 (1295) die cut for each rose 1 bud petal, 1 of each bow tie petals, 1 of each individual petal and 3 extra individual petals (for a total of 9 individual petals), out of 85 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock. You will need to die cut enough pieces for 3 roses.
- Using the Molding Pad and the loop tool included in the 4 Pieces All Metal Tool Set, shape the petals to give them dimension as demonstrated by Susan Tierney Cockburn in one of her videos.
- As shown in the video mentioned before and using the Kids Choice Glue, build the roses.
- Using the Garden Notes – White Pine Pinecone & Bough (1091), die cut 4 of the double bough and 4 of the single one, out of green cardstock.
- Shade the branches with some dark green ink and shape using the tweezers included in the 4 Pieces All Metal Tool Set.
- To ice the bough, dip the tips of each bough in Kids Choice Glue and dip them into Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter as shown this video from Susan Tierney Cockburn.
- Adhere the boughs and the roses on to the card using Kids Choice Glue.
- To finish up this card, you will need 24 inches of gold ribbon and 10 inches of white ribbon. Make a triple loop bow out of the gold ribbon and an single bow out of the white ribbon.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Here’s an other look at the finish card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Mirror gold cardstock
Gold and white ribbons
Rangers Distress Stickles