What can I say? I love everything about Christmas – all the lights, the smells, the snow, the cold, hot chocolate, rosy cheeks, childhood memories and being with all the ones I love! I feel like a kid every time I hear a Christmas song and I cry watching all the happy-ending Christmas movies on TV. I hope that the magic of the holidays will fill your heart and that you’ll remember to enjoy every minute of the time spent creating the most wonderful memories with your loved ones.
Step 1: Card Base
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 11 inches x 5 1/2 inches; score and fold in half to create the card base.
- Cut gold cardstock to 1/4 inches X 5 1/4 inches.
- Cut ModaScrap Christmas Holidays cardstock to 5 X 5 inches.
- Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere each layer on top of the other.
Step 2: Wreath
- Out of green cardstock, die cut twice the Garden Notes Grapevine Wreath Round.
- With darker green marker or ink, shade the edges of both wreaths.
- With a white pencil, draw some veins lines on the wreath.
- Use the reverse tweezers in the 4 Pces All Metal Tool Set,to give some dimension to the wreath.
- With a brush, add some drops of Crystal Stickles to ‘frost’ the tips of the branches.
- Adhere the wreath to the card base.
Step 3: Polar bear
- Die cut the Polar Bear out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. For the small parts, add some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on the back of the cardstock before die cutting. For the hat, add some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets on the FRONT of the cardstock as well.
- Die cut one scarf and three snowflake using dies from the Penguin set, adding Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on both sides before die cutting.
- Add sparkle to the front of the hat and scarf using Rich Red Silk Microfine Glitter from the Glitter Palette – Earth.
- Add sparkle to the snowflakes using Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
- Shade the edges of all the bear parts with light grey marker. Add a touch of pink on the ears and on the back paws.
- On the Molding Pad and using the biggest Ball Stylus for the 4 Pces All Metal tool Set, emboss the bear body and head to give it dimension.
- Assemble the bear and adhere it to the card base with foam adhesive and Kids Choice Glue.
Step 4: Hawthorne
- Die cut two Hawthorne branches from the Garden Notes Hawthorne Berries set, using some 100 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Color the branches and leaves with ink markers and use Nuvo Crystal Drops to create dimensional berries. Allow to dry. Shape the leaves using the 4 pces All Metal Tool Set and some PanPastels. To see in detail how to make the branches look like real ones, watch the tutorial from Susan Tierney Cockburn: Video
- Adhere the Hawthorne branches to the wreath.
- Finish the card with a triple-loop bow made with narrow gold ribbon.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Oxide ink
Prismacolor white pen
Ranger Crystal Stickles
Nuvo Crystal Drops – Autumn Red
Narrow gold ribbon
Thank you very much Arlene ! I’m glad you like it ! Have a merry Christmas 🙂
Beautifully done. Such a cute bear and the whole card is perfect for a cute bear.